Everyone's favorite!

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Hello my BBQ and grilling friends....

Not everyone is a fan of beef tongue but for those of you that like it here's how we do it.

For those than don't like it don't try it. It's already expensive and if it gets popular the price will go up even more.

1. Season your beef tongue with your favorite steak seasoning.

2. Smoke or grill indirect at 300 degrees

3. After 2 hours wrap in foil with 1/4 of wosterchire sauce.

4. Leave in the smoker or grill for another 2 hours. By then it should be ready. The true test is to check the skin. It should peel off with ease. If not let it go for another 30 minutes and check again.

5. In case your wondering the internal temp was 208.

6. Chop and make tacos.

This method is great. In my opinion better than boiling for hours. Plus it's more fun to do outside.

And a beer plate with shrimp ceviche.

Thanks for stopping by
Tony and Maribel

Thanks for sharing your method, Tony. I've got a beef tongue in my freezer, and when I finally get around to cooking it, I'll have plenty of confidence from having seen this post as well as your previous beef tongue cooks.

Not everyone is a fan of beef tongue but for those of you that like it here's how we do it.
It truly is one of the best mistakes I ever had. It's probably been 15 years since I first tried it, and have been a fan ever since. I have to admit, I've yet to have any that looks half as good as yours, Tony. It really looks amazing. I still don't get the salad in the beer thing....? You'll have to explain that to me one of these days over a cold one.....hold the salad :)

Excellent cook!!!

I've never had tongue before nor have I ever had the desire to try it, but you do make a convincing case to do so. In the interest of helping the tongue lovers out there I won't buy one and help to keep the prices down;)

I've never had tongue before nor have I ever had the desire to try it, but you do make a convincing case to do so. In the interest of helping the tongue lovers out there I won't buy one and help to keep the prices down;)

Between Rich and me, there will be 2 extra beef tongues available those who want them...:cool:

It truly is one of the best mistakes I ever had. It's probably been 15 years since I first tried it, and have been a fan ever since. I have to admit, I've yet to have any that looks half as good as yours, Tony. It really looks amazing. I still don't get the salad in the beer thing....? You'll have to explain that to me one of these days over a cold one.....hold the salad :)

Excellent cook!!!

Maybe it's a Southern California Mexican trend. Some guys in Texas said they never seen that before.

You get your beer and have the spicy shrimps on top and on the side.

In Mexico some bars will serve you a small soup,little taco,beans and chips with every beer. This way you don't get out of control that fast...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the support.

- - - Updated - - -

Between Rich and me, there will be 2 extra beef tongues available those who want them...:cool:

Thanks. Lol

Been enjoying tongue since my grandpa used to cook it when I was a kid. I've cooked it, but always on the stovetop. Looks great on the grill!

Cool post. Are those beers open? I like it.

Beef tounge for tacos is so great especially if you can crisp it up on a griddle or comal right before service. Yum! Yours looks very tasty.

Looks fantastic, Tony! Never tried beef tongue, but I love exotic food. Thanks for the step by step instructions and inspiration. I'll be giving your method a try very soon!

Cool post. Are those beers open? I like it.

Beef tounge for tacos is so great especially if you can crisp it up on a griddle or comal right before service. Yum! Yours looks very tasty.

Yes but only a little to get some of the juice and hot sauce in the beer.

Back