E 320 Genesis conversion Natural Gas over to Propane...!!!

Side view of the Value... would this be called a 3/8 inch Value..?

Qre_7tvro_IJOGR2yA7tzhqHf2TzysznNSTBjrjxrA5GNRjiaUDVZRYqSc-CUOs5AU0YSEf0kZSnf8LN-GFmAMOamlikDGWumne4xr-LK_aJAQmxEMf-ZL8hCu2N-DoZn9euoA5oTjEITJLbpgBToF9i0zgjdmvyoxXPopUeNOBJ_-bbtFlJ_xNHdc2Sy1KElbkebyVpr8v_8scCnUNDOlD9pomJnQdDLGcJiWXKpkDHm6ktB5bJwTAQTXlTwGmx7VXTUYDgPtu_0yiPk1vMPuWPpFY9rTpCviK06g9SwdxlhNWxdIRSmluxEYh0rYvopMchlp0DLTG5AuRDA-16bgbditP5ePGVQyssnjt0g7GXcd5bmvN1xfZKD58iWLJIvZMfLFIqqSsv58JBhUrBeviMeMppoyxURsMtKGqakgYJha80e1KFJergqjv_tMJ_XRzITFnhYPck5RfSH3mQX6J7rurAJRbkdBIK913gYsylgavuNv5Hg6V9kjGh4bm12dUlEIZ5VMM9E7FViuM8vHVKf3rDrFispBc0ZHza9LAYlWpw7jOxd_RfVSUgyxfbHsl5wBgFM0S0hJ1YuEmvYquGXn4iM73dF9yHWZ9D6OVSSNHUenYKfX6rQk07jnvx6gNrLfJ15u0jznqASLymlwfyIV2cv5c=w704-h938-no

Larry:
Those NG valves look just like the ones I just cleaned and relubed like in the video. I did follow the video even though the top of the valve was different and required removing the pin to pull the valve stem out of the bonnet to clean & lube it. Pretty simple process which made all the difference in the valves turning and popping into the various lock positions. Another reason this forum is so great! I definitely will not wait another 10 years to do this.

The new orifices come as "blanks" all they have is a VERY VERY small "starter" hole. So you need to size them to match the gas flow you want.

Kelvin:
I hear what Larry is saying about how to do it. He definitely is the one with the knowledge. I personally would opt for one of the complete manifolds for LP and keep your NG manifold intact in case you move again to someplace that has a NG hookup. I don't have the drill bits and I doubt I could find them locally since the big box hardware stores have killed off places where you could find the bits you need or pay to have them drilled elsewhere. By the time you add it all up, it isn't that far off from a complete setup and knowing that it will perform to specs without having to mess with things to get low temps. I'm very glad that someone else has the same valves. Just be careful when you remove the pin from the valve stem in the bonnet. Pretty small and will travel. One of mine did about 5 ft. horizontally once it hit the patio!

Yes Dan, I'm thinking of the complete Manifold unit... values and orifices included... I'm just emailing multiple suppliers and making sure it is the exact size on the support " Ears " Length and the Support L bracket length. I'm also asking them if the Propane regulator comes with the Complete Manifold... 1 supplier said yes and when he open the box it did not have the hose or the regulator... i mentioned they need to change the information on that Manifold... he said yes your right don't want to P**s off too many customers...his words not mine. I can do with out the hose and regulator ...I have this PART... it's the CORRECT SIZE I'm concerned with... don't want to order it and it does not FIT...!!! So if they get back to me and the measurements are correct I'll order the complete manifold. If i move back to a house with natural Gas the switch with be very Easy.

Last edited:
Kelvin:
I hear what Larry is saying about how to do it. He definitely is the one with the knowledge. I personally would opt for one of the complete manifolds for LP and keep your NG manifold intact in case you move again to someplace that has a NG hookup. I don't have the drill bits and I doubt I could find them locally since the big box hardware stores have killed off places where you could find the bits you need or pay to have them drilled elsewhere. By the time you add it all up, it isn't that far off from a complete setup and knowing that it will perform to specs without having to mess with things to get low temps. I'm very glad that someone else has the same valves. Just be careful when you remove the pin from the valve stem in the bonnet. Pretty small and will travel. One of mine did about 5 ft. horizontally once it hit the patio!

If he follows my directions he won't have much more than $20 invested IF that. His manifold WILL be intact as well and could be switched back and forth from fuel types with a few minutes work. If I were in his shoes I would definitely make this small investment see how it works. Worst case is he doesn't like how it works and then orders a complete LP manifold. But, I would definitely try the cheaper route first. Also the drill bits are extremely easy to find. All the box stores carry them either in sets or individually.

Kelvin:
From what I've seen in the replacement parts, only 2007 manifold had the support bracket. 2008 forward had the wings that sit in the frame slots. The hose and regulator should be no big deal since people replace them all the time due to weathering and/or damage from connecting tanks. Just make sure it is the newer style tank connection or you will need an adapter. We've got great grills. The biggest aggravating thing I found over the last decade are the igniter buttons corroding. I've got a spare and I clean the one on the grill regularly.

Looks good. Mine is out on a brick patio, but I pull it under the covered patio if rain/or (yes,snow) is in the forecast. I usually leave my cover off except when bad weather is coming. We get a lot of wind with any precipitation so being under the covered patio is no guarantee. That's when the cover goes one. The one at my son's house is always on a covered patio, but he too has blowing precipitation issues. I hope you get your Genesis back on line soon.

If he follows my directions he won't have much more than $20 invested IF that. His manifold WILL be intact as well and could be switched back and forth from fuel types with a few minutes work. If I were in his shoes I would definitely make this small investment see how it works. Worst case is he doesn't like how it works and then orders a complete LP manifold. But, I would definitely try the cheaper route first. Also the drill bits are extremely easy to find. All the box stores carry them either in sets or individually.

LMichaels... i would go for the orifices spuds but having a hard time tracking down the EXACT orifice ...

I think it's more this one ...the 88832 because this has the 3/8 inch Hex Head

Replacement orifice fits Weber Genesis and Spirit models with side-mounted control valves Only When Original Orifice Measures 3/8" HexHead Diameter.

Orifice Hexhead diameter is 3/8 inch fitting side-mounted control valves in older Genesis and Spirit models BBQ.
New Orifices are used to convert BBQ to NG or to LP based on the appliance BTU certification.

Orifices ship Blank or drilled to factory LP and NG settings when the transaction includes an appropriate regulator -- BTU rate is result of regulator pressure and drilled opening.

Check Orifice Hex-Head Size to select appropriate replacement.

Last edited:
Try these guys. I have used them in the past https://andersonforrester.com/product-categories/plug-orifice/ or you might try this place though I have no experience with them http://www.grill-repair.com/weber315orifice.html Either way I would definitely try different orifices before I dropped $150 on a manifold

the 88815 is Replacement spud style orifice converts fuel to LP or NG has 9/32 inch (7mm) hex-head diameter. Select Appropriate Replacement by checking Hex-Head Diameter.

This Orifice fit Many Pre-2006 Weber Summit models and Spirit/Genesis side-mounted control valves and fits Most Side Burners.

I will send a email to Anderson Forester ...with the size I have and pictures as well ...lets see what they recommend...!

Last edited:

Back