E 320 Genesis conversion Natural Gas over to Propane...!!!

Kelvin, I just got back and didn't find a manifold at all. There is a chance it got put into another bin, but I know I parted out one E3xx last year so I don't know where the manifold went to. It could be in another bin, but my shed is a mess right now. I need to completely unload it and haul most of the stuff up to my garage for the summer.
Fining one on a donor grill is going to be your best option probably unless you just don't want to mess with it or don't want to wait.

Kelvin:
Yes, that should be the correct manifold. That way your orifices, valves, regulator and hose all are for LP. If you already replaced the igniter and it has the white ceramic spark box it is a 2009. My 2007 has the metal spark box located on the right side of the firebox near the front burner. All you would need then is the correct orifice for the side burner. If you kept the old igniter, try cleaning the contact in the button and try to do the same with the contact down in the base. It usually the one in the button itself. That is the biggest issue with these igniters. Look nice, but prone to bad contacts.

Bruce, if i can't get a hold of the EXACT Orifices... i will have to bite the bullet and take Dan's advice and purchase a manifold... my fingers are crossed ... I'm waiting to hear back from CLA Grills...

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the help and advice... I'm getting closer to having a working grill that works on Propane... I'm thinking 2 weeks tops...!

Kelvin:

I looked at the CLA link you had and by the time you replace 4 orifices and 3 valves to have LP valves, your price is up to what you have tracked down. You still would need a regulator and hose to hook to the propane tank. I can't find the posting from awhile back, but the person indicated that the NG valve ports are larger than LP ports and let too much gas thru to the burners causing issues. Put a posting up in the buy, trade, forum to see if somebody there has the LP manifold you need. There is Jon in FL, Lew Michaels, Dave in KC, and a few guys in MA as well. Worth a shot.

Kelvin:

Once you are all set, if you don't have to trade what you already have, hold onto the parts in case you move back to where there is NG. A lot cheaper than lugging tanks around!

Looking forward to LM chiming in on this issue.
I would be highly interested in specific instructions on changing or altering the
orifices instead of changing the manifold. Buying a new manifold is simply not
feasible to flip a grill, and it is next to impossible to find 300 series grills that
are in such bad shape to only be donor material.

Sorry guys was so busy yesterday never really got to the puter. Lots of running around, bought a different walk behind mower, looked at a new mobile phone for wife, church, and than little guy's buddy over. Full day/night.
So many posts here forgot who started it.
First does anyone know what type of valves these grills have? If they're continuous OP you're golden. Simply put a LP regulator on, change the orifices to proper sizes and grill. As for the side burner, I'd just leave it alone. Those side burners are pretty flexible and basically of you leave it as is on LP it will be about 15k BTU as opposed to 10k at full throttle. But first you need to see if your valves have 3 holes or continuous "slot". Look up Chris' video he kindly did to see how to disassemble. Simply disassemble one valve and let us know here, and I will give you advice from there

Dave, with the cabinet rust out problem, there are donor grills out there. But, even then, sometimes owners think they are worth $150 a lot of times. But, if Larry could coach you through an orifice mod, that would be great. I will be interested to see how this goes. Good luck.

Bruce, the rusted cabinets on the 300's seem to be much more prevalent where you are
than in my area. I am not quite sure why either. I know you have a little longer winters
than we do, but overall the climates are fairly similar. I would say that the 300's are
rusted here only 5 to 10% of the time. While Genesis Silver/Golds and Spirits w/ the enclosed
cabinets are rusted out 80% of the time or more. Age definitely plays a factor as those grills
are around 5 years older, but I have only ran across a couple 300s with the rust problem.

Dave, that is strange. I have acquired three of them and all three had rust. One was really bad, one was pretty bad, but fixable and the other was not so bad but still required a lot of sanding, stripping and repainting. I think a lot has to do with how they are treated by the owners but in general, I still think the E3xx cabinet rust problem is an issue.

My bad.... I apologize for that. I thought someone said in the past year that it was. Anyways, you definitely are the go to guy for gas conversion issues.

I wonder if I might have been the one to call him "LEW". There is a resident expert on vehicle tuners on my chevy truck forum and his name is LEW. I may have had his name in mind when I was posting here regarding larry. Getting old sux.

I wonder if I might have been the one to call him "LEW". There is a resident expert on vehicle tuners on my chevy truck forum and his name is LEW. I may have had his name in mind when I was posting here regarding larry. Getting old sux.

Beats the heck outta the alternative (underground condo). Though I guess some say differently LOL

I'd love to find another 2007-2010 E310 or E320 Genesis just to disassemble and cannibalize for parts. Last year there were a few around Las Vegas, but not they have vanished. Plenty of the silvers, classics, and of course plenty of the "new" front control models from China with a blend of NG & LP. I don't have room for more grills, but one in pieces I could find space for in my garage. My upgraded E310 NG now with the side burner is now covered with a light green film of pollen every day. I take my cordless blower out there and blow it off the grill and patio. Our son has the same issue, but that LP E-320 is hooked direct to his house bulk propane tank. He's loving it to unwind from work.

Bruce, the rusted cabinets on the 300's seem to be much more prevalent where you are
than in my area. I am not quite sure why either. I know you have a little longer winters
than we do, but overall the climates are fairly similar. I would say that the 300's are
rusted here only 5 to 10% of the time. While Genesis Silver/Golds and Spirits w/ the enclosed
cabinets are rusted out 80% of the time or more. Age definitely plays a factor as those grills
are around 5 years older, but I have only ran across a couple 300s with the rust problem.

Finding one of these in Florida without serious rust would pretty much be the exception. Prices are all over the place. I have seen people dump them for $100 or even less and someone trying for $600. I picked up a sidewinder for free, but cabinet was very bad and frame leg bottoms not too great. Finding one with good legs is the issue for me.

Back