E 320 Genesis conversion Natural Gas over to Propane...!!!

Do you need a drill press to drill blanks or can you drill with a hand drill
When replacing oriface do you use pipe dope or Teflon tape?

No power drill of any type. I find it's too easy to lose control of the process. Look for a link I gave for a little hand held bit holder. Best way to go. No sealant of any type is necessary or even advised. They seal right up when they're screwed in. Don't over tighten either. Remember they're brass (soft metal) very easy to damage.

Here is a website with some of the Specifications... https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...OBLAR2/tvwb-20?tag=TVWB-20

Here are some of the Specs

The Genesis E-320 gas grill features an enclosed cart with corresponding painted steel doors with stainless steel trim, stainless steel handles, and accent colored painted side and rear panels. All grills have a porcelain enameled shroud with a center-mounted thermometer and accent colored painted, cast aluminum end caps. The cooking system, rated at 42,000 BTUs, includes 3 seamless stainless steel burners and an electronic Crossover ignition system.

The cooking grates are porcelain-enameled cast iron. The Flavorizer bars are porcelain-enameled. The primary cooking area measures 507 sq. inches; the warming rack area measures 130 sq. inches, giving a total cooking area of 637 sq. inches.

The Genesis E-320 gas grill also has a 12,000 BTU per- hour input flush-mount side burner. Other features include 6 tool holders, enclosed tank storage area, precision fuel gauge, 2 stainless steel work surfaces, 2 heavy duty front locking casters and 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters. Tank is not included with LP grills and all natural gas grills include a 10-ft flexible hose. Weber cookbook included. Limited warranty.

Here is the order from a Canadian supplier ...shipped to a Canadian address.
You can see they do NOT use Canada Post... this is VERY SAD... they use FedEx ONLY... also there FedEx Prices are WAY out of Line!!! I picked the cheapest delivery they have.
I would order from the USA but, the exchange rate from US dollar to CDN dollar is pretty much terrible. This company is in Ontario so a local pick up is out of the question.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I...aUPyRU1acZFFmwFvdAYauKsStpCY18c=w1454-h881-no

Last edited:
I just finished reading through this thread. Several years ago I converted a S330 from natural gas to Propane. I read all the threads on this site for info on how to do it. LMichaels info was very helpful in getting it done. It works fine. Cooks exactly like LMichaels says. My son loves it because he likes to cook hotter than I do. I prefer smoking so I cook using the method LMichaels described. I also found the side burner performed fine without changing the orifice just as LMichael said. Bottom line: everything is now in one place now in this thread and I agree with all the advice LMichaels has given.

I converted at the time by purchasing blank spuds and regulator kit from this site. http://www.grill-repair.com/weberparts.html. However, I tried the blanks (which came with drilled pilot hole)and they worked fine so I did not drillholes larger.

I recently acquired another natural gas E300 that I will covert to propane doing just what LMichaels recommends, and will test how it performs before drilling the orifice spuds. I think the conversion will cost as follows:

3 orifices from site above (free shipping) $18
Regulator (linked this thread) $10 (free non weber grills usually have an regulator that may be worth salvaging)
Total $28

I greatly appreciate the information and advice provided by posters on this board. I have restored or refreshed many Weber grills that I have provided to family/friends free or at cost and they are all amazed that grilling on a weber is a pleasure vs. the battle their cheap grill experience.

Regards

Last edited:
No power drill of any type. I find it's too easy to lose control of the process. Look for a link I gave for a little hand held bit holder.

So, 2 months later I finally got around to giving this conversion a go.
LM, I don't what you are doing, or your patience level, but I worked with
the handheld for about 5 minutes and it didn't do anything. Maybe I wasn't
pushing hard enough, but I quickly lost patience and broke out the Dremel.
Set it on it's lowest speed and whizzed right through all 3 in under 20 seconds.
I think anyone with even a semi-steady hand should be able to do this with
no issues.

7ugLX8gl.jpg

I will be using this process from here on. No need to try and hunt down LP
manifolds any longer. Cheap, quick, and easy.

Also, for those that are curious, I snapped a pic to give you an idea of exactly what
the difference is between a NG manifold that has had the orifice replaced to work with
LP and the other two still have the original NG orifices.

BfKkBoRl.jpg

As you can see the top burners are a raging inferno, while the bottom is nice and blue
as it should be. I also did a test Sunday (no pics) by simply connecting an LP hose and
firing it up. It had the thermometer pegged in about 10 minutes on high. I backed all
3 burners down to low, and still maintained about 600 degrees, with the wildly fluctuating
yellow flames. I was good for a burn-off, but I certainly wouldn't have wanted to try and
cook on it. BEWARE the grills we see from time to time where the owner has simply swapped
hoses.

Glad I found this thread (search function can be your Friend!). Just put together the wrong Genesis 335. Intended to buy the LP version (planned location is far from any NG pipe) but somehow screwed it up when I finally hit "BUY" after obsessing about the choice for a month. Didn't notice until fully assembled.
I'll call grill-repair tomorrow. This looks like a higher priced second choice - https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LP-Pro...887584?hash=item521ed97b20:g:p0wAAOSwkCdc0uv5 if grill-repair doesn't work out.

Update for anyone that stumbles on this later looking to convert - Ebay option did not work out.

Last edited:

Back