Double Cut Pork Chop

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
A while back I bought a rack of pork from CostCo, cut it into double chops, and froze them. Tonight, I took out my last one (good timing, as racks of pork usually show up at CostCo around Easter), and fixed it up on the pellet grill. Dusted it with MeatChurch Honey Hog Hot, and onto the grill at 275°. When it hit 132° internal, I pulled it off the grill, and seared it in a CI skillet. One minute for each of the sides, then around the circumference for another 90 seconds or so, rolling it around with tongs.

Not my best meal in terms of multiple pics, etc., but damn was it delicious!!! Juicy, great flavor from the rub, and just all around tasty/porky/goodness!!

If you haven't done this before, consider picking up a rack of pork from your local CostCo when they show up. If you don't want a whole rack, Wild Fork Foods usually stocks double cut chops, too.

Good stuff!!

R

1710393034354.jpeg

I've not tried a rack of pork but it is now on my list
How long is the list, Dan? :) The rack is a great cut cooked up whole, or as chops. Worth trying for sure!
Good lookin', Rich!!
Thanks, Tim!
Understatement if ever. Looks amazing! I hope to do this cook
I hope you get a chance to give it a go, Chuck!
Nice cook Rich.
I love that sear.
I’ve never considered to serve those as double chops.
Yeah, who does that ?
(y)
Who would do a thing like that, Andy?!? :) I think the Honey Hog rub gives a really nice color, and the sear just seems to accentuate that.

That looks wonderful Rich! But why is it after Barb and I just bought a boatload of nice pork chops on sale from Safeway. That this comes along espically when we are going to make the dreaded trip to Costco next week hoping to find a parking spot within an hour. Not only that all three freezers are full to the gills again.
Such is life.

That looks wonderful Rich! But why is it after Barb and I just bought a boatload of nice pork chops on sale from Safeway. That this comes along espically when we are going to make the dreaded trip to Costco next week hoping to find a parking spot within an hour. Not only that all three freezers are full to the gills again.
Such is life.
That's just the way this site is, Rich, always something new to try out! :) Maybe Barb's employee pricing at Safeway will make you feel just fine about the whole thing! :)

R

Next level Rich, next level.

As said above, I never thought to cut one up into chops......now I can't wait til try it.

Thanks

Back