Dolphin Ceviche w/ Jalapeno & Red Onion

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good Friday brings us to an end (some may believe) to Friday fish fries...
not so in southeastern Wisconsin.
Fish fries, fish boils, broiled fish and grilled fish goes on as long as there are fish in water.
And this Friday afternoon here, we grilled my favourite, Mahi Mahi or Dolphinfish (Coryphaena hippurus).
I found a couple of recipes that sounded perfect... so I combined both and had at home every ingredient.
So here goes...

IMG_8584.JPG

a little Kosher salt, red onion, lime juice, chili paste, orange juice, jalapeno pepper, olive oil, tequila and cilantro
tossed everything but the cilantro & salt in a bowl, mix'er up add the fish and marinate for a few....

IMG_8585.JPG

after the bath, pat dry, season with kosher salt (and a little secret herbs I came up with)

IMG_8586.JPG

ready the hot grill and cross your fingers
unfortunately, the only photos I have of the fish on the grill are the next two, nothing too exciting...

IMG_8587.JPG

...and I apologize for that....

IMG_8590.JPG

but the fish turned out perfectly, no errors yet simply delicious!
easter_smiley037.gif

IMG_8593.JPG

Served with super small Yukons and steamed asparagus and fresh avocados with cilantro & tomatoes atop the Dolphin
here are the recipes I combined for Friday's fish, again, I used a little of both.
This one...
and
This one...

IMG_8595.JPG

Thank you all for stoppin' by, Enjoy your Easter Day weekend!
happy_easter.gif

Very nice mahi Jim. I grill it a lot around these parts. Gonna try this one day.

Jeez, now I'm gettin' an edulacation: I thought Mahi-Mahi was a tuna.
What ever I thought was on your plate, is: it looks tasty.

Boy Jim, for a moment there, I thought you ate Flipper. Another excellent, beautiful looking cook. Thanks for sharing.

As you know, I'm not crazy about grilled fish, but....
I'd love to try some of your fine looking dolphinfish!

Back