Do you have a name for your grill...?

Just came across this thread. Will have to ask DH if he ever came up with a name when he gets home.

My grill names follow the same logic as @Bob Walters . I call my Traeger pellet grill the Traeger, the Weber with a Santa Maria attachment is the Santa Maria, the other 22" kettle is the Kettle, my natural gasser is called the Gas Grill and my Big Chief electric smoker is named the Big Chief. I recently picked up a cheapo 14 1/2" kettle grill for when I just want to do a few quick burgers, dogs or sausages. Thinking seriously about naming it the Little Kettle.

Not usually one for naming things but a few years ago I named all of my grills after NHL Sharks players. Was a pain however to rename grills as guys got traded. I agree that the Ranch Kettle is a beast so mine got named Brett Burns. List below but I am done re-naming as players get traded.

- WSM 22 - Joe Pavelski
- WSM 18 - Kevin Labanc
- WSM 14 - Melker Karlson
- 26" mini ranch - joe Thornton
- super Jumbo - Martin Jones
- jumbo joe - justin Braun
- master-touch - Logan Couture
- fireplace - Marc Edward Valasic
- ranch kettle - Brett burns
- performer - Evander Kane
I'm willing to bet that Thornton is a beast

I'm willing to bet that Thornton is a beast
Both the mini ranch and the hockey player were😃 Unfortunately the player has retired and the mini-ranch has been on the sideline ever since the summit charcoal grilling station joined the line up. I did use once last year when I needed 3 racks of pork ribs cooked flat, but there are a lot of “players” not cooking with the new kid in town. IMG_0078_Original.jpeg

50+ years ago when I first started grilling on my own I had a grill a friend named" The Crematory".

I've gotten better over the years.

Both the mini ranch and the hockey player were😃 Unfortunately the player has retired and the mini-ranch has been on the sideline ever since the summit charcoal grilling station joined the line up. I did use once last year when I needed 3 racks of pork ribs cooked flat, but there are a lot of “players” not cooking with the new kid in town.
I was a big Thornton fan. Summit looks amazing

If I was “Pressed” to name the, the Overperformer would have to be “Clutch Cargo” the one I’ve set up as a rotisserie, “Spinner” and the Platypus “Paddlefoot”
Insert appropriate sound bite here…

Back