Did any of y'all get a gift from Weber?

I got it today. I think it was given to all Smokefire owners who preordered the grill and registered it. Nice gesture from Weber.

Nothing here. I pre-ordered the EX6 a day before pre-ordering opened to the public so who knows. Where did you order it from? Mine was from Lowes.com. I wouldn't mind having a set of those pint glasses! They've sent me two glow-plugs thus far. One because my original one bit the dust and when I asked to buy another, they just sent me an extra. My hunch is that the glow plugs are pretty short-lived (or a bad initial batch) and they're doing this for better PR as the launch Smokefire's age. I'm still questioning why they went with a glow-plug, but it's clear they wanted to maintain a full 24V DC control system. The AC hot rods are not the best thing in the world, but I've never had one fail in all of my pellet smokers I've owned. Considering the Smokefire's gave up the ghost in a couple months of ownership, they likely know more than we do about what's lurking out there. Nice gesture and honestly, they are a good company to work with. A hassle here and there, but they stand by their products and customers.

These are known as "incentivized reviews". They send you a gift in the hopes you'll post a review. There's some psychology to it...they were nice enough to send me something, I feel obligated to post a review. Often you'll see these labeled on manufacturer websites with "Incentivized Review" and "I received free product or sweepstakes entry for this review." I have always wondered if an analysis would show incentivized reviews as more positive, more negative, or roughly the same as non-incentivized reviews.

It is my understanding everyone who registered a SmokeFire 🔥 will be getting both the glasses and 2 plugs.
Very nice of Weber, classy company form the day I started using them.

Last edited:
It is my understanding everyone who registered a SmokeFire 🔥 will be getting both the glasses and 2 plugs.
Very nice of Weber, classy company form the day I started using them.
I heard that today as well. Apparently everyone who bought and registered their grill. Jut going to take a little while for them to send all of them. Very classy!

Mine is on the way, you are looking for a package shipped UPS from Mas Premium out of Ohio.
Pretty awesome of Weber!

Mine is on the way, you are looking for a package shipped UPS from Mas Premium out of Ohio.
Pretty awesome of Weber!
Interesting it's from UPS. Everything I've ordered from Weber has always been shipped by the purple people. Wonder if they are making a switch

Interesting it's from UPS. Everything I've ordered from Weber has always been shipped by the purple people. Wonder if they are making a switch
Mas Premium is a separate company that does customer incentives.
I think we are stuck with fedex from Weber. Fedex had my glen blue lid in their facility for 2 weeks, supposedly they just found it and it will be here tomorrow. That would be awesome!!

Last edited:
If they don't switch, I won't be ordering direct from Weber again. I ordered an Ivory Smokey Joe Premium on 7/21. Weber filled the order on 8/4. It still hasn't been delivered. I have called Fedex and Weber repeatedly. Five times the tracking info indicated it was on a truck for delivery that day. Fedex admitted on 8/21 that the tracking info is wrong and it has never been on a truck for delivery; they just falsify that info to make life easier for their shipping customers. Thankfully, the Weber rep I spoke with on 8/21 saw through the BS tracking info and gave me a refund. I hated to ask for a refund, but it was either that or contest the charge with my CC company because that deadline was rapidly approaching.

If they don't switch, I won't be ordering direct from Weber again. I ordered an Ivory Smokey Joe Premium on 7/21. Weber filled the order on 8/4. It still hasn't been delivered. I have called Fedex and Weber repeatedly. Five times the tracking info indicated it was on a truck for delivery that day. Fedex admitted on 8/21 that the tracking info is wrong and it has never been on a truck for delivery; they just falsify that info to make life easier for their shipping customers. Thankfully, the Weber rep I spoke with on 8/21 saw through the BS tracking info and gave me a refund. I hated to ask for a refund, but it was either that or contest the charge with my CC company because that deadline was rapidly approaching.
Yeah, that's not good at all. I know UPS is experiencing peak season volume levels, but that is starting to slow down. So many people are at home ordering things that it is over-whelming delivery companies. I assume the same thing is happening to FedEx, but that's still no excuse for terrible service. A day or two delay I can see, but not a month. Record revenues should allow them to hire more employees to handle the extra packages.

Yeah, that's not good at all. I know UPS is experiencing peak season volume levels, but that is starting to slow down. So many people are at home ordering things that it is over-whelming delivery companies. I assume the same thing is happening to FedEx, but that's still no excuse for terrible service. A day or two delay I can see, but not a month. Record revenues should allow them to hire more employees to handle the extra packages.
2 weeks my package has been stuck at FedEx, last night they sent some bull crap text that they tried to deliver but I wasn’t home, they never came to my house. Checked the cameras to see if I missed something. Weird!! Supposedly it will come today.

Back