Deep Dish Pizza on a Weber Silver

I readily admit to talking shortcuts and cheating here. I did not make my own sauce or crust. I was hungry and wanted to play with my grill and didn't have time to spend all day in a kitchen. I started with this:
img_1105.jpg

Put down the crust inside the Weber Griddle Pan and added a layer of mozzarella.
img_1112.jpg

Browned up the sausage then added it to the pan along with the marinara and more cheese.
img_1125.jpg

Grilled at 400F for about 40 minutes. Used a baking stone just because I had one.
weber-griddle-pizza.jpg

I was pleased with the crust considering how little time was invested.
img_1139.jpg

It was a pretty nice pizza.....
img_1141.jpg

....and a nice way to spend the afternoon!
img_1145.jpg

Thanks for looking!

My wife has been making pizza's at home lately. Gets the dough from Trader Joe's and it comes out great. Got to try it in the grill. Just need to get a stone and will try it. Your cook looks great. Keep up the great work.

Being from the Chicago burbs, I have eaten my fair share of stuffed pizza. I have to say yours looks pretty amazing! Nice job!

Two thumbs up! Nothing wrong with quick and easy. Especially when it turns out that well.

I LOVE pizza on the grill but normally do a thin, crispy crust. However, after looking at this cook, I may have to try the deep dish pizza - that looks WONDERFUL!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back