Decisions, decisions.......

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
I'm torn between what to cook this weekend on the Bullet.

A 6-boned monster beef shorty's.
screenshot_09.jpg

Or.....

A 7lb Iberico Pork Collar De Raza, for pulling.
screenshot_08.jpg

Wifey wants pulled pork. I'm leaning towards the shorty's.

Now that is a tuff one the pork looks to be a great one, but those ribs are calling me.
Good luck, and happy wife happy life....

Just did an “English cut” package of short ribs (nowhere near as elegant as the ones you posted) recipe from “Sip and Feast” YouTube site, smells amazing! I’m not smart enough to link it, sorry.

Can we get some closure on this, Tony? Really gotta know...or did you do both??
giphy.gif

Okay, I’ve got a little bit of the skinny, he has acquired the collar and several other fine proteins for wonderful entertainments! I just wish I could be there to share in the fun!

Can we get some closure on this, Tony? Really gotta know...or did you do both??
I was outvoted by the CFO whether to get the bones or the collar.
But I did manage to pick up a spicy boerewors and some Toulouse sausage. A bit of compensation with the remaining funds on the birthday gift voucher.
The Iberico collar was going to be cooked this weekend. But due to unexpected & prior weekend commitments, it will be in a couple of weeks. (I'll report back with the cook).
I'm afraid the sausage(s) may not last that long. The Iberico weighs in just under 5.5lbs.
I've had both the spicy boerewors & the Toulouse sausage before. Both are outstanding. The Toulouse sausage will keep vampires away for a considerable period.
It was a tough decision what to buy. (DO NOT look at the sausage page).
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-23 at 10.46.36.jpeg

Last edited:
Alright, I DID look at the link and am now thoroughly, depressed! Not one of the sausages is available anywhere near this culinary desert! The saddle of suckling pig would be wonderful!
Actually, pretty much every item they show looks Like I really want it ALL!

Alright, I DID look at the link and am now thoroughly, depressed! Not one of the sausages is available anywhere near this culinary desert! The saddle of suckling pig would be wonderful!
Actually, pretty much every item they show looks Like I really want it ALL!
Ha!! I had the same reaction. Wife wanted to know why the tears flowed.

Back