Deboned Duck stuffed with Cajun Boudin

Chris in Louisiana

TVWBB All-Star
A local store, Bergeron's Boudin & Cajun Meats, has several meat products (pork chops, chicken, ribeyes, rabbit, etc.) stuffed with cornbread dressing, cream cheese and jalapeno, shrimp & rice dressing, crawfish dressing, boudin, etc.

I picked up a deboned Duck stuffed with Cajun Boudin (boo-dan) and put it on the kettle with about 3/4 chimney of Kingsford and a piece of cherry wood. Let it go at 400 or so for a couple of hours. Turned out tasty.

Cajun Boudin is typically a combination of cooked rice, pork (often including liver), onions, spices, and seasonings. The mixture is ground like sausage meat and stuffed into a casing. The boudin in the duck was not in the casing.

I cooked a duck stuffed with cornbread dressing a while back. I liked the boudin version better.

Next up is their deboned rabbit stuffed with pork sausage.

Looks awesome, Chris. I work in Port Allen so I love to swing by Bergeron's and pick up some boudin. I find that they have the best boudin around.

Geez Louise Chris! I'll Trade You My Wisconsin Born, Bred and Fed Yardbird for your Louisiana Duck stuffed with Cajun Boudin... ;)
Looks Absolutely FANTASTIC!!

I love boudin! I was born in Beaumont, TX and where you could buy it on the side of the road. That bird looks awesome!

Last edited:
Unique cook. Looks excellent. I haven't seen boudin around here although I've had it in New Orleans.

There is some very simple math here:

Duck + Boudin = Something ridiculously good!

My aunt lives in Louisiana, so I've had the opportunity to try authentic cajun boudin, and the concept of stuffing it into a deboned duck is pure genius. I really enjoyed viewing these photos, Chris.

Back