Day of grinding and packaging with chili on the side.

RJ Banks

TVWBB All-Star
Decided to use the day to grind up 15 pounds of ground beef and 17 pounds of pork. The beef was all ground up and vacuum packed in 2 lb packs. I held a few pounds out and decided to make chili for the day. Started the chili out by cooking up some pieces of homemade bacon.
Cooked up the beef for the chili. Freshly ground makes all the difference in the taste.
Added onions and peppers to the bacon before adding the beef and the rest of the chili ingredients and letting it simmer for an hour or so.

While that was going, I got everything ready and started to grind the pork. First I made savory breakfast sausage.

Testing the mixture.

I then started on making Italian sausages. First time making sausage links and there is definitely a learning curve to it.

I next vacuum packed the breakfast and italian sausage.

It was finally time to eat and then vacuum sealed the left over chili for future meals.
I finished the day with a Cream Ale I kegged and has been carbonating the last week. I am really happy with how clear this beer turned out.

Thanks guys. I have a correction, the beer is a Honey Kolsch and not a Cream Ale. I pulled from the wrong tap. Thought it looked a little darker than it should.

Back