Day 1 of pork fest 2015

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks...so many of you know that I don't cook much pork as my wife cannot eat it...well she's out of town this week so my boy and I are having pork fest this week!! Today we did some football watching and made some baby backs!! Here is how it went down!!

Been wanting to try something for a while and just have not had a chance to do it...I remember my old man making ribs when I was a kid...first time I made road side chicken the smell brought back some memories so I thought about using the marinade as a basting sauce for ribs...I did one set of ribs in a meat church honey hog and another in just salt, pepper and garlic...let them chill in the fridge for 12 hours or so!

Both sets on the performer with a bit of hickory...set for 240 ish!

Little bit later!!

I foiled both sets and added some melted butter to both...oh and the s&p set got hit with some road side basting sauce! I also added some fresh hocks to be used for ham hocks and beans tomorrow!

After a couple more hours I removed the foil and let them tighten up a bit!

Both sets off after 5 hours...one set glazed with the Rufus Teague sauce!

All sliced up with some super home made Mac and cheese (with bacon crumbles!) and some cheesy cheddar biscuits!

And served with some marinaded cukes and onion!!

Wow this was an amazing meal...the roadside marinade was super good witb ribs and if you have not tried it you should!! Very good meal!!

Nite folks take care!!

Morgan you can pass that plate this way, outstanding cook lots of great flavors for sure.

w0w Morgan! How long does porkfest last? I'll be right there!!
Ribs look GREAT! Dinner Looks SPECTACULAR!!

...many of you know that I don't cook much pork as my wife cannot eat it...
by choice, religion or health?

w0w Morgan! How long does porkfest last? I'll be right there!!
Ribs look GREAT! Dinner Looks SPECTACULAR!!

by choice, religion or health?

It will last thru Thursday nite Jim...come on up!! Watching a good packers game right now!! Wow they are on fire!!

Wifey can't eat pork ...health issues...makes her sick every time!

Looks like pork fest 2015 is off to a great start. What did you fix for Day 2?

Russ thanks...tonight was ham hocks and beans (I smoked the hocks yesterday with the ribs) very good suff along with some skillet corn bread!!

I added some left over rib meat too!! This was the bomb!
Oh Jeff...I had cheddar biscuits for lunch with rib meat and Mac and cheese...pretty spectacular Sammie!!

Thanks everyone!!

Back