Curb Alert !!!

Only an hour man, and only for 30 bucks ... come on cut me some slack aaahaha
I just googled it. Actually, from where you live to that grill says just under 2 hours. Really? The cool thing for me is when I get contacted by members who want to give me all the stuff they collected when their high crashes. I don't even have to drive to pick it up, they willingly bring it to me. Score!

Last edited:
Yup. Pretty old grill. Note the side table L bracket (steel) instead of a plastic end cap. Also, the table prop rod has no slider. It plugs into a stainless clip - which looks possibly missing (similar to the BBQ tool holder clips). And Wow!! That lid color!!
I think a Genesis 1000 (base model) did not have a slider, even in 1999. I just picked one up which had been used less than a dozen times, and I was surprised to see the clip.... I then looked at an owners manual for the 1000 (not 1100) series, and it shows only the clip.....
Live and learn, when I brought the grill home I figured (casters and clip) that it was from about 1995. EE serial number confirms 1999.
More on this relatively untouched grill later......

Last edited:
He is also asking for an offer for the whole lot and will throw in the grill he bought them all for. Might be a good rehab package if you can get it cheap enough. If you have any desire to make the drive, just throw out a low ball offer and see if he bites. No harm if he laughs at you.

He is also asking for an offer for the whole lot and will throw in the grill he bought them all for. Might be a good rehab package if you can get it cheap enough. If you have any desire to make the drive, just throw out a low ball offer and see if he bites. No harm if he laughs at you.
There is a green lid 1000 just a little bit farther from me and I think I'd get that one first. I really want a nice green lid.

I think a Genesis 1000 (base model) did not have a slider, even in 1999. I just picked one up which had been used less than a dozen times, and I was surprised to see the clip.... I then looked at an owners manual for the 1000 (not 1100) series, and it shows only the clip.....
Live and learn, when I brought the grill home I figured (casters and clip) that it was from about 1995. EE serial number confirms 1999.
More on this relatively untouched grill later......
Hank, does it have the steel angle bracket for the hinge rod or the plastic end cap?

I agree to a point Jim. However, we don't all live in and around big metro areas where grills and parts are sitting on every other street corner with a "FREE" sign on them. LOL
If I were nearer the Wisconsin Illinois border, I’d have a ton more grills. Always see them in the Chicago area.

Back