Curb Alert !!!

1994 Redhead lid, cook-box and frame at curb in Novi, MI

I'm getting ready to explain to my wife why I brought a redhead home today.

My first redhead and first deep firebox. Good news is that the SS flavorizers are in good shape, the original burners with the side-holes center burner are good and the wood tables with the zbars were under the hood too. The CI grates are decent and the grease tray only has a bit of rust around the edges. No rust at the firebox mount on the frame, none on the axle either. The owner told me that if the hose hadn't caught fire and melted the igniter button he would still be using it.

I expected less and just liked the good wheels and red lid. Now I'm looking at something that doesn't deserve being parted out.

My first wife was a redhead, so I should have known this relationship would get complicated. The Silver, Gold and Platinum A's, B's and C's are getting nervous about their new big sister hanging out behind the garage.

My first redhead and first deep firebox. Good news is that the SS flavorizers are in good shape, the original burners with the side-holes center burner are good and the wood tables with the zbars were under the hood too. The CI grates are decent and the grease tray only has a bit of rust around the edges. No rust at the firebox mount on the frame, none on the axle either. The owner told me that if the hose hadn't caught fire and melted the igniter button he would still be using it.

I expected less and just liked the good wheels and red lid. Now I'm looking at something that doesn't deserve being parted out.

My first wife was a redhead, so I should have known this relationship would get complicated. The Silver, Gold and Platinum A's, B's and C's are getting nervous about their new big sister hanging out behind the garage.

I read the 1st two sentences and thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute ....

Glad to hear someone from TVWBB rescued her!

She looked in pretty good shape in the photo, but too far for me to go on a whim (250 miles one-way).

You need a Prius - the ultimate long distance grill hauler :ROFLMAO:
Every time I see a post like this, it reminds me of the photo I saw online a couple years ago with someone sitting in the trunk of a car holding onto a grill trailing behind the car as it goes down the road. I wish I could find that photo again.

I believe that is a first year Genesis. As far as I know, Weber only used the orange/brown lid that first year, 1985. It would be a collectors item and looks to be in great condition for a 40 year old grill.
Yup. Pretty old grill. Note the side table L bracket (steel) instead of a plastic end cap. Also, the table prop rod has no slider. It plugs into a stainless clip - which looks possibly missing (similar to the BBQ tool holder clips). And Wow!! That lid color!!

I actually have one of those lids. I just can't bring myself to put it on a rehab/flip grill. I don't think anyone would realize the significance of it. I may clean it up and drop it on my personal grill.

Every time I see a post like this, it reminds me of the photo I saw online a couple years ago with someone sitting in the trunk of a car holding onto a grill trailing behind the car as it goes down the road. I wish I could find that photo again.
Well, that wasn't me... I take 'em apart and put 'em INSIDE the Prius - more professional that way :ROFLMAO:

I actually have one of those lids. I just can't bring myself to put it on a rehab/flip grill. I don't think anyone would realize the significance of it. I may clean it up and drop it on my personal grill.

The brown one Bruce? Yea build a simple 1000 out of it with some nice wood slats. Id love to have that brown lid.

Yah, it is an orange-brown. I call it burnt orange. I suppose if I did put it on a flipper, it would be best put on a 1000 with wood slats. But, still that probably would not be a good idea financially. I don't think that lid would up the price of the whole grill much more than a green or red one. But, it would be unique.

If I wasn’t running my kids all over creation today, I’d have messaged them and never posted it here 🤣🤣 if it’s around tomorrow…

Cody heres ypur green lid. I offered her 30, she said she would take 50 but who knows maybe even less cause shes getting a new grill tomorrow she said.
Prob is I cant get up there till late next week and I need it like I need a hole in the head so maybe you can go get it. Looks really clean actually...

Cody heres ypur green lid. I offered her 30, she said she would take 50 but who knows maybe even less cause shes getting a new grill tomorrow she said.
Prob is I cant get up there till late next week and I need it like I need a hole in the head so maybe you can go get it. Looks really clean actually...

The fact you were contemplating driving an hour and a half to Wisconsin to pick that up tells you are a sick man😄

Back