Curb Alert !!!

That old Weber wire shelf alone is worth way more than $20 to kettle fans!

GET IT!!!! If you don't want the shelf, I will buy it for the $20 plus your gas$ and shipping:smilekettle:

I noticed that Jon. I had seen one or two before but wasn't sure if that was a WEBER accessory or maybe some aftermarket condiment rack.

Saw this yesterday; the wood slatted table, handle and bottom cart tray seem as well as the Red Weber seems to be an item people like to restore: FREE Pickup
(North San Diego, CA area)
1716568276083.jpeg

Yeah --- I was tempted by a similar one this morning too..... just a bit too far to go for it and there was only one pic to go by.....
It was very tempting tho --- I always worry a bit about this model because it takes the longer burners and bars.....

Screenshot 2024-05-24 160858.jpg

Yeah --- I was tempted by a similar one this morning too..... just a bit too far to go for it and there was only one pic to go by.....
It was very tempting tho --- I always worry a bit about this model because it takes the longer burners and bars.....

View attachment 91623
That's a nice looking one for sure. I never had one of that model, what's the problem with the burners and flavorizer bars?

I know the burner tubes are longer than the standard B/C since the controls are offset to the right.....
And I believe the flavor bars are the 24"ers ?....?....? I could be wrong on that, but I keep seeing 24"ers on amazon and I'm guessing they go in these? They made the bigger cook box in E/W and then switched over to N/S in the same casting footprint/lid size pretty quickly after this model.

Last edited:
The red E320 has special edition branding which is often SS grates and Flav bars.

The side control 3xx are harder to break down which is another consideration.

Rust in the bottom is always my biggest concern.
Hence my concerns..... the tubes and bars were only a one 'model' run that wasn't really that long compared to all the other series --- and they are so prone to rotting out that they are dropping like cicadas.... Sure there are some aftermarket parts for them now, but I'm sure support will drop off quickly as the numbers out there continue to dwindle.

It would have made a fine flipper IF I hadn't fallen love with it..... assuming it wasn't rotted out.
Plus I HATE four small casters....

I am working on a “sidewinder” right now. I don’t think the internal parts are much more of an issue than the later front control 300 series. However, the side frames and cook boxes may be a really tough find. And, yes, the bottom and sometimes the back and sides are very subject to rusting.

I see the sidewinder as an attempt to keep the classic Weber gas grill concept relevant in a newer, slightly larger design. When they switched to front controls - supposedly to save side shelf space - that was the last nail in the coffin for the thinking and engineering that was behind the very first Genesis in 1986. I sometimes wish they had brought back flip-up side tables instead :coolkettle: !

If I recall right - that was the era where they stripped the 'Genesis' name from the A/Bs and started calling them 'Spirts' and making every grill with a cabinet base and no more open carts - the stainless side tables with the black controls and handle and four casters.

They upsized the cook box and grate in size a bit on that model - while still keeping the side controls - and called THAT model only the 'Genesis'..... It seems like that model didn't really last that long (timewise) before they switched over to all front controls.

When they switched to front controls - supposedly to save side shelf space - that was the last nail in the coffin for the thinking and engineering that was behind the very first Genesis in 1986.
I don't think it was just to save side shelf space although it makes sense as the grill width with a side burner/shelf would kinda be the same as an old Genny without a side burner as a Genny like my Silver C would be much wider. I believe the market had gone to N/S burners, again the benefit the grill would not be as wide and for indirect IMO N/S is alot easier.

Weber kinda got blind sided or surprised by everyone moving to N/S. John Burns from Weber in a thread can't remember which one alluded to this unless I misunderstood him. Why stay E/W I get for the rotis people its better but how many are really out there not talking about people on this forum which is kind off a special breed. I personally have never seen anyone use a rotis on a gas grill or any other grill at a neigbors house or whatever, maybe its not a big thing in ATL. I had a brand new one never used with the end weight balance or whatever you call it offered it for 10 bucks plus shipping actually might have offered it for free here and had zero takers.

Came here to say that. Not disappointed.

Wait. What if we do the opposite. Jon, Bruce, and... we road trip and drop off all our stuff. And we get our garages back.

Poor guy. He will never see it coming.
😆 😂 😆 😂 😆

Back