Curb Alert !!!

Congrats, Steve! I am glad there are still some people who appreciate the beauty, quality, and value of a classic Weber, beautifully restored like you did for that one.
Thanks Jon. I definitely had mixed feelings about letting it go. I had to admit to myself that I would never use that grill again and it would be better off with someone who appreciates and uses it. This may also motivate me to do another all out restoration, we shall see.

It is a beauty Steve. I know you aren't in it for the money so its nice to have someone appreciate your work.
Thanks Dan, you're right. I didn't really make anything on that grill when you factor in the amount of time I spent on it. I would like to attempt another one more cost effectively to see what happens.

Where I am puzzled is how one can own such a fine piece then not use it.
I had every intention to use it when I was doing the resto on it. When it was done it was so nice ( to me) that I just couldn't do it. I got close a couple of times to lighting it and throwing some burgers on it only to change my mind. I've seen some pretty nice grills on here by some other members that they turn around and sell too so I must not be the only one.

I had every intention to use it when I was doing the resto on it. When it was done it was so nice ( to me) that I just couldn't do it. I got close a couple of times to lighting it and throwing some burgers on it only to change my mind. I've seen some pretty nice grills on here by some other members that they turn around and sell too so I must not be the only one.
The Skyline I sold had a similar relationship to me. I just couldn't grill on it because it was such a nice original.
But, I don't know if I would have sold it if it had a more common, but colorful lid
Nice going, Steve!

I face a similar dilemma. I have 2 fully restored 1000 grills that I intended to flip but just haven’t been able to let go for more than 3 years now and I still can’t bring myself to cook on either one of them. Instead, I’m still cranking out dead cow on a little Q1200. With a glass door 3400 and a 1000 LX with a coffee lid both nearing completion, I’ve got some hard decisions to make in the very near future. Neither one of them is going to be easy to let go, either.

Thanks Larry, I'm pretty confident that the next one I do I will use. I just have some more projects to finish around the house before I can dive in again.
Steve you show NW burbs. Honestly I may just want to take you up on a grill. I would assume you're out along the 90 corridor so we're not far apart. I have been thinking seriously about taking up one of you fine craftsmen like Jon, Bruce or yourself when I get in the market for another classic Genesis

I face a similar dilemma. I have 2 fully restored 1000 grills that I intended to flip but just haven’t been able to let go for more than 3 years now and I still can’t bring myself to cook on either one of them. Instead, I’m still cranking out dead cow on a little Q1200. With a glass door 3400 and a 1000 LX with a coffee lid both nearing completion, I’ve got some hard decisions to make in the very near future. Neither one of them is going to be easy to let go, either.
The ones I have no problem cooking on are the ones that I basically just clean up really well. I might do a few cosmetic things to them but not a full restoration. It still ends up being a pretty good time investment though. You should at least use one of your full size grills for yourself, I'm sure you deserve it!

Steve you show NW burbs. Honestly I may just want to take you up on a grill. I would assume you're out along the 90 corridor so we're not far apart. I have been thinking seriously about taking up one of you fine craftsmen like Jon, Bruce or yourself when I get in the market for another classic Genesis
No, we aren't too far apart at all Larry. I'm just off of 90 by Woodfield Mall. I would be honored to build you a grill, just say the word!

No, we aren't too far apart at all Larry. I'm just off of 90 by Woodfield Mall. I would be honored to build you a grill, just say the word!
Thanks! All 3 of you guys are such great craftsmen happy to work with any when the time is right. Right now still owning the Wolf just too much on the deck. Not quite enough room for settin and sippin some bourbon or scotch by the Weber Flame pit I got from Bruce

Thanks! All 3 of you guys are such great craftsmen happy to work with any when the time is right. Right now still owning the Wolf just too much on the deck. Not quite enough room for settin and sippin some bourbon or scotch by the Weber Flame pit I got from Bruce
You certainly couldn't go wrong with anything Bruce or Jon turn out.

Larry, if you are most interested in a Genesis 1000-5000, then Steve or Jon is probably a better option that me. I could do it, but I am getting out of that generation of rehab. Silver/Gold/Platinum B/C, is more in my ball park.

I had the same emotion with the Summit 420 I refurbished but in the end that's what pictures are for.. 😁😁

Quite honestly Bruce et al As long as it's a classical "type" Genesis. I am honestly (if I go this way) wondering about perhaps a Genesis 320 (side burner and cabinet). I am really spoiled having that SS cabinet on the Wolf

Back