Curb Alert !!!

Yet another clueless "can be turned into propane" claim. There are no available parts anymore for these and there is no real way to do this. I can see some poor slob buying this and then stumbling onto this forum where they'll learn the truth :D
I wonder if those bottom trays could be used on a genesis? I know people hate the 'bastardizing' summit stuff onto a genesis, but those trays on an SS Genesis frame would be incredible!

Larry, you can still do a manifold swap to convert it, correct?

Cody, I kinda thought of that too, but i'm guessing that the the summit frame is wider than a genesis.

For the record yes, you can easily manifold swap. Though that is not the issue. IIRC these grills have been out of production for 20+ years. The supply of parts unless acquired through scrapping, I am sure has all but dried up. For sure Weber isn't making any.
Not sure what is meant by "bottom trays" but it it means the side tables, I already tried fitting a side table to my regular Genesis 2/2000 and the frame of the Summit is about 7" or so "deeper" (front to back) than a Genesis (I am sure to accommodate the front control panel and extra depth for the burners going opposite of Genesis. So while I am sure it can be "cobbled" into an early Genesis it looks completely out of place. A Genesis firebox literally falls right through the Summit frame (yes I tried) :) because when the firebox failed I thought it would be a way to make the best of a rusted out Genesis frame. salvaging the firebox from a Genesis and grafting it to the nicer looking Summit.
Maybe one of you very skilled "crafters" could make a go of it but not this guy. I don't have that kind of talent or equipment

I always thought they looked deeper, but thought maybe it was an optical illusion from the front control panel.

I do like the bar cart idea! That would be an awesome patio piece.

I just looked at this photo and realized I missed that it did not have a wire rack and doors. In any case what I noted still is valid
Larry,
I don’t know whether or not those stainless bottom trays could be readily adapted to an old Genesis. Maybe. You are definitely not going to find an LP manifold from any retail outlet for a 1st gen Summit. But what do you think about temporarily removing the manifold for that grill and swapping out the four valves with early Genesis LP valves to achieve a conversion?

Larry,
I don’t know whether or not those stainless bottom trays could be readily adapted to an old Genesis. Maybe. You are definitely not going to find an LP manifold from any retail outlet for a 1st gen Summit. But what do you think about temporarily removing the manifold for that grill and swapping out the four valves with early Genesis LP valves to achieve a conversion?
I don't know if they would fit. It would certainly do the job if they do as IIRC the BTU per burner is the same between a Genesis and a Summit of that era

I know Josh raves about his, I just think even being a newer grill it would be a tough flip. But it looks like it’s moved in and out to use and the base looks solid from the pics.

Back