Curb Alert !!!

Was 03 the years they went fat frame for the Gold? Now that I think about it, I’ll have to check my spreadsheet to confirm, but I think all 3 SS gold C’s I have, are DU codes.

Would you have let that one pass? I took a shot and actually won it.... I'll see tomorrow whether its worth it.
You gotta act quick when you see a FREE posting marked '27 minutes ago'....
I'd say it's definitely worth it if it's a project you're interested in doing. It looks like it could be in pretty good shape but it's hard to know for sure until you get your eyes on it. For everything that you can't see in the picture I would expect the worst and hope for the best. I would plan on everything in the cook box needing to be replaced and if any of it is salvageable that's a bonus. Most likely the cook box is in good shape but if it's been run for a while with bad burners it could be bad also. Less likely from what I've seen so far. Grease tray could be bad but I've been pretty lucky with them from around here. Judging by the one picture of this Grill it should be in decent shape. Igniters are usually good but either way that's a cheap part.

I would definitely be prepared and expect to put in a little bit of time, money and effort. It's well worth it in the end though. As long as this project is something you're interested in investing in.

I have several grills now so I'm trying to be more selective about the grills that I pick up. They need to have a special lid or a special part/parts that's hard to find. I already have enough grills and parts to build several more grills but that being said this redhead looks good and it's close by so that's a win. I definitely don't need it but I'd probably pick it up if you decided not to.

Last edited:
I'd say it's definitely worth it if it's a project you're interested in doing. It looks like it could be in pretty good shape but it's hard to know for sure until you get your eyes on it. For everything that you can't see in the picture I would expect the worst and hope for the best. I would plan on everything in the cook box needing to be replaced and if any of it is salvageable that's a bonus. Most likely the cook box is in good shape but if it's been run for a while with bad burners it could be bad also. Less likely from what I've seen so far. Grease tray could be bad but I've been pretty lucky with them from around here. Judging by the one picture of this Grill it should be in decent shape. Igniters are usually good but either way that's a cheap part.

I would definitely be prepared and expect to put in a little bit of time, money and effort. It's well worth it in the end though. As long as this project is something you're interested in investing in.

I have several grills now so I'm trying to be more selective about the grills that I pick up. They need to have a special lid or a special part/parts that's hard to find. I already have enough grills and parts to build several more grills but that being said this redhead looks good and it's close by so that's a win. I definitely don't need it but I'd probably pick it up if you decided not to.
Yeah --- I figure I've got a new set of (Weber in the box) burners and a choice of grates for it, so all I'd be looking at is flavor bars. I'm hoping the drip tray is solid, but won't know until I see it.... I was already worrying last night 'what if I can't get the screws out of the drip tray bracket...?..?'

Its the 'thrill of the hunt' thing for my weberitis...... Its always kind of a let down once you've 'made the kill' --- now you have to figure out what to do with it. I figured if I didn't want to do anything with it you'd be happy for a future project.

I have more remorse for the 'gotaways' myself.... 'if only I hadn't hmmmmd an hawwwwwd for that 5-10-15 minutes I would've gotten that one'...... missed it by that much..... Knowing which ones are worth it to pull the trigger on is key --- and guess work and really just luck.

Last edited:

Back