Curb Alert !!!

That sounds like an excellent plan!!
You know, I think I need to take a trip to Brazil! I’ll bring grillable, smokable flatttopable, goods AND pick up beverages on the way! I need a truck!
Just to bring feasting supplies and my favorite chair
Actually not sure I could not get everything for feasting in the KIA, I really don’t need any parts, just a fun afternoon at the museum!
I’ve got to meet some of you guys face to face! Bruce, Larry and Jon have walked me down from the edge on projects since I joined this place!
Have built some more personal relationships through here too, thanks to everyone here!

Last edited:
When you tell yourself you’re done collecting these things. But on your way in to work on some grills for a little bit… you see one on the side of the road, you realize that it’s destiny, and you don’t mess with destiny! I think this thing sat in a dark corner it’s whole life

Attachments

• IMG_7732.jpeg
    IMG_7732.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 13
It was one of those things that I think people got as gifts and didn't really want. I had one that I got as a Christmas or birthday present. I used it for a while but never really liked it that much.
I never thought of that, Steve. That’s a pretty legit rationale! I wonder how much they retailed for back in the late 90’s

I never thought of that, Steve. That’s a pretty legit rationale! I wonder how much they retailed for back in the late 90’s
I couldn't tell you since I didn't buy it. I also remember that I couldn't find the original handle for the grill when I wanted to change it back and had to buy a new handle. I don't remember how much that cost either.

I saw a NIB Silver handle a little while back on eBay. I almost bought it just to have it, but they clean up so well that I couldn’t justify the cost. Part of me wishes I had now that I’ve got my dream grill waiting for me.

I saw a NIB Silver handle a little while back on eBay. I almost bought it just to have it, but they clean up so well that I couldn’t justify the cost. Part of me wishes I had now that I’ve got my dream grill waiting for me.
As nice as some of this stuff cleans up, there's definitely something to be said for new. You can tell the difference right off. I have some brand new durawood slats and it's super obvious that they are new versus good condition old ones.

I’ve read that lithium batteries don’t leak. Isn’t there a C battery adapter that will accept either AA or AAA batteries?
Yes, they make adapters. I think you can fit either 18650 batteries in them with adapters or use adapters that hold 3 AA batteries.

That being said, I would be skeptical about using them in the grill out light. Lithium batters have a habit of catching fire and I am not sure the close proximity to a grill is a good idea.

Good insight, Bruce. Never thought of that. I actually like the look of the handle. I wonder if the design of it has to do with trying more to keep it away from the heat.

It does give a bit more clearance from the grill but not a lot and I will tell you from experience that it does still get quite hot during use. Hot enough that holding is at best uncomfortable at times.

Back