Curb Alert !!!

Our 3 burner Spirit 700 which we bought new had a significantly shallower lid than a Genesis x000 but would fit on either cookbox. It also had an 8101 control panel.
I still have one of the 85877 lower grates in the basement. It could also be useful on a Weber 900 which used two of them with the same frame and had slat tables. Mark, the one you just got could be a 900.

Our 3 burner Spirit 700 which we bought new had a significantly shallower lid than a Genesis x000 but would fit on either cookbox. It also had an 8101 control panel.
I still have one of the 85877 lower grates in the basement. It could also be useful on a Weber 900 which used two of them with the same frame and had slat tables. Mark, the one you just got could be a 900.
Hi Hank, I know the x and y axis is the same but I never noticed that the z-axis height was different. Here are 2 pictures of grills I had from the same time period - late 90’s.

I think might be an illusion since the firebox on the Genesis is taller than the Spirit. Or maybe the geometry is different

I don’t see these anymore…

1727121103769.jpeg

1727121103867.jpeg

Hi Hank, I know the x and y axis is the same but I never noticed that the z-axis height was different. Here are 2 pictures of grills I had from the same time period - late 90’s.

I think might be an illusion since the firebox on the Genesis is taller than the Spirit. Or maybe the geometry is different

I don’t see these anymore…

View attachment 100620

View attachment 100621
The Spirit hood looks shorter to me, but like you said it may just be an optical illusion.

I was able to look at both versions together when I got my first new lid from a x000 for the spirit. Together it was easy to see the difference.
Just looking at thermometer placement on the photos (same height above the grates) shows a -1/3-2/3 split on the spirit and-1/4 -3/4 on the genesis

@Cody Bratton here it is.

That gives a bit of an idea. I like it
The Silver B end pieces slide into an x000 frame. The x000 frame is not setup to retain the end pieces, but that's easily handled.

Right side swing tables won't fit without modifying the metal bracket to gain clearance for the burners, since the x000 burners are lower than silver B.

The Silver B end pieces slide into an x000 frame. The x000 frame is not setup to retain the end pieces, but that's easily handled.

Right side swing tables won't fit without modifying the metal bracket to gain clearance for the burners, since the x000 burners are lower than silver B.

I know the end handles are a bit different, but think I have that mod figured out. You’re saying the thermoset swing tables won’t fit the 1000? Or slat tables won’t fit the B? I’m thinking about putting together some hot rod Weber grills this winter! lol, not really, but maybe 🤔

I know the end handles are a bit different, but think I have that mod figured out. You’re saying the thermoset swing tables won’t fit the 1000? Or slat tables won’t fit the B? I’m thinking about putting together some hot rod Weber grills this winter! lol, not really, but maybe 🤔
Silver B LH swing up table will fit on an x000. needs a catch welded on to the leg, or do what I did which was use the LH frame section from an early Silver B with the catch already built in.

Silver B RH swing up table will not fit a 1000 without modifying the metal bracket as it will hit the front burner tube on a 1000.
On a 2000/3000 it should fit fine as the swing up table is away from the burner.

Not sure about putting slat swing up tables on a Silver B, but I think it could be made to work

The top removable work surface on a silver B or an x1000 should work on either.

Now I’m following where you’re at. I’ve got one set up ready to add a right swing table onto a B but I went to tack the bracket on the frame only to learn I was out of gas for the welder. Both frames I had for dual folding tables were shot 😬 but thankfully the brackets are easily swapped.

Attachments

• IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 7
Now I’m following where you’re at. I’ve got one set up ready to add a right swing table onto a B but I went to tack the bracket on the frame only to learn I was out of gas for the welder. Both frames I had for dual folding tables were shot 😬 but thankfully the brackets are easily swapped.

Cody , I have a couple of those Silver swing table brackets if you need any (or anyone else for that matter )

Cody,
I wish you would start threads on some of projects you are doing. It would help me and others to have a chronological representation of what you are doing.
I am kind of ADHD picking at stuff right now. I have a 'production line' type of brain so I am doing things kind of in masses. I have my lids cleaned and ready (the most gratifying part, IMO, and it is easier to know how many frames and boxes I have to prep), and am now working on getting frames ready/cleaned and/or modified and ready for paint. I am looking into buying some high temp paint in a larger quantity to spray with autobody equipment. I am also toying with trying to spray out the roll on paint for the firebox. As one quart should do the outsides of a few Fireboxes. When/if that comes to fruition, I will be sure to post it up!

Back