Curb Alert !!!

If I bought that grill, I would pull out the bottom and grab a couple cans of the spray in truck bed liner and give it a couple good coats of that stuff.

If I bought that grill, I would pull out the bottom and grab a couple cans of the spray in truck bed liner and give it a couple good coats of that stuff.

That is what I am doing to my brothers 330 NG, the bottom is still very good. The raptor brand is bedliner is some pretty good stuff. I would highly recommend anything that is two parts, mixed. A lot of the spray can stuff doesn't get as hard, or as durable. The silver B like that new in box one I picked up recently will be getting the bedliner treatment, probably will do them at the same time to conserve materials (I have a case of it I got for free). Contemplating doing the side panels too, but unsure how well it would stand up to the heat.

I did the bottom panel in my Genesis II S-240 LX with Rustoleum Spray in bed liner. I still have it hanging in the garage and have yet to put it back in the grill, but it does seem like an upgrade over spray paint. I was hoping for what seemed it would be a tougher looking coating. I did my truck with Herculiner brush in liner 11 years ago and am very happy with it....but that stuff has tiny rubber bits in it for texture. I didn't want that for my grill. I was kind of hoping the spray in stuff would be like that without the tiny rubber pieces used for texture. It seems more like regular paint. I will say it does seem like it will be more durable than paint however. I guess this grill was my guinea pig for testing. We shall see. It is going on my deck and will be covered but exposed to lots of sun and the rest of the Wisconsin climate to include winter.

I did the bottom panel in my Genesis II S-240 LX with Rustoleum Spray in bed liner. I still have it hanging in the garage and have yet to put it back in the grill, but it does seem like an upgrade over spray paint. I was hoping for what seemed it would be a tougher looking coating. I did my truck with Herculiner brush in liner 11 years ago and am very happy with it....but that stuff has tiny rubber bits in it for texture. I didn't want that for my grill. I was kind of hoping the spray in stuff would be like that without the tiny rubber pieces used for texture. It seems more like regular paint. I will say it does seem like it will be more durable than paint however. I guess this grill was my guinea pig for testing. We shall see. It is going on my deck and will be covered but exposed to lots of sun and the rest of the Wisconsin climate to include winter.
What about “Flex Seal” spray? I just cut a larger diameter plywood tabletop for my deck table and put abut three coats on the back with about 8 coats of “wiping poly” on the “good” side. I don’t leave it out and exposed but, it will be interesting to see how this holds up.

Some may recall how I used the Herculiner roll on bed liner coating along with photos of when I restored my Kubota and used it in place of the rubber mat on the floor pan. Gotta say the stuff is standing up to everything, including my clumsy foot work when boarding/deboarding the machine. Wash it and it looks like brand new

I used to have bed liner put on by a professional on the hood and roof of my 88 Jeep Cherokee and it served me well. Until a teenager who just got his license side swiped me and totaled it.

Last edited:
The Spirit hood looks shorter to me, but like you said it may just be an optical illusion.
I just took the time to look in the Spirit 700 and 900 owners manuals, and saw that neither came with the swinging upper warming rack, which was included with all x000s, silvers, etc. This would indicate that this allowed the lids to be shorter, and came with money savings.....
Maybe they also felt that a shallower cookbox needed a shallower lid??

I just took the time to look in the Spirit 700 and 900 owners manuals, and saw that neither came with the swinging upper warming rack, which was included with all x000s, silvers, etc. This would indicate that this allowed the lids to be shorter, and came with money savings.....
Maybe they also felt that a shallower cookbox needed a shallower lid??
I imagine that was purely a cost cutting measure. There is probably still the spots in the lid to put one on if you wanted to.

Back