1998/2000 Genesis Silver 1000B

DanHoo

TVWBB Olympian
I thought I would share the completed combo 1000 / silver I put together over the last couple of months.

Right side of the frame and cookbox is a 98 Genesis 1000 that I picked up for free this summer ( aka the red head )
Left side of frame and lid is from my 2000 Silver B with Silver B trim and a plastic condiment tray added to the right.
The bottom rails are from the 1000 and the basket is from the Silver B

Flav bars and grates came from another 13 bar grill and the burners, crossover and igniter are new.

I had a lot of questions asked and answered in other threads, and I won't recap all of them but instead thank everyone that has given me answers, tips and suggestions along the way.

20211028_181305.jpg
20211028_181320.jpg20211028_181755.jpg
20211023_181818.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Steve, it will be a good grill for cooking while I'm restoring the Genesis 3. So far I'm pleased with the 13 bar cookbox.

I’ve seen so many of this era Genesis restored here, it’s making me anxious to try and find one as a project. Unfortunately, where I live in Northern Ontario Canada, they are rarer than a hens tooth. A few years ago I was able to find a 2007 Genesis EP 310, that I fixed up, not a restoration, and passed it on to a family member that is still in use. This year, I rescued a Summit Platinum D6, that I have restored for my personal use. In the meantime I will continue to keep my eyes open for one of these gems.

They're rare by you? Here in Western Washington state they seem quite abundant. Particularly the Silvers. But I just picked up a 1000 LX redhead for free and it sat on Craigslist for weeks before I called. I see a Silver that's been sitting, waiting for someone, for a long time. I'd grab it if I were willing to drive two hours and take a ferry. There's another much closer to home with a price tag of $10. I've moved on neither because I have the 1000 to restore, plus I just had surgery and am not supposed to lift anything over ten pounds.

I’ve seen so many of this era Genesis restored here, it’s making me anxious to try and find one as a project. Unfortunately, where I live in Northern Ontario Canada, they are rarer than a hens tooth. A few years ago I was able to find a 2007 Genesis EP 310, that I fixed up, not a restoration, and passed it on to a family member that is still in use. This year, I rescued a Summit Platinum D6, that I have restored for my personal use. In the meantime I will continue to keep my eyes open for one of these gems.
Yeah Bill, here in NS I was a long time finding a 3000 redhead and it was not in the best of shape. I will be finishing it up next spring. Be patient though and you will find one.

Back