Cronch Wraps

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Yesterday I smoked a Tri Tip in the 14 WSM. I was going to do a post about it but the weather sucked so I didn’t take many photos. But to keep this smoke related here’s what I did take.

IMG_4599.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

Fast forward to tonight I made Cronch Wraps. Not to be confused with Taco Bell’s Crunch wraps.

Windy, snowing, raining so got the small Blackstone out of the camper to use in the house.

Turkey burger Cronch wraps. We make our own taco seasoning (recipe below)I added hot hatch chilis to the meat mixture along with our seasoning, half a diced onion and sliced olives. Didn’t have tostadas, but we did have corn tortillas. So made some in the oven. Lightly oil both sides of the corn tortilla (season with taco seasoning) place on baking sheet and into 450°f oven a for 4 minutes. Flip and place back in oven until golden brown. Added refried beans, Tillamook cheddar, lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream for the filling. I won’t go into the cooking process as most have seen it here already.

Taco seasoning. Use 1 -2 tablespoons per pound of meat.

1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
IMG_4607.jpeg

IMG_4608.jpeg

IMG_4611.jpeg

IMG_4613.jpeg

IMG_4615.jpeg

IMG_4616.jpeg

Yesterday I smoked a Tri Tip in the 14 WSM. I was going to do a post about it but the weather sucked so I didn’t take many photos. But to keep this smoke related here’s what I did take.

View attachment 87144

View attachment 87145

Fast forward to tonight I made Cronch Wraps. Not to be confused with Taco Bell’s Crunch wraps.

Windy, snowing, raining so got the small Blackstone out of the camper to use in the house.

Turkey burger Cronch wraps. We make our own taco seasoning (recipe below)I added hot hatch chilis to the meat mixture along with our seasoning, half a diced onion and sliced olives. Didn’t have tostadas, but we did have corn tortillas. So made some in the oven. Lightly oil both sides of the corn tortilla (season with taco seasoning) place on baking sheet and into 450°f oven a for 4 minutes. Flip and place back in oven until golden brown. Added refried beans, Tillamook cheddar, lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream for the filling. I won’t go into the cooking process as most have seen it here already.

Taco seasoning. Use 1 -2 tablespoons per pound of meat.

1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
View attachment 87146

View attachment 87147

View attachment 87148

View attachment 87149

View attachment 87150

View attachment 87151
Looks great Case!

My first thought was oh my the Blackstone is inside!!!!!
But I don't see why not, that looks great......tonight is fridge leftovers and it is Mexican inspired....
See if I can talk the MRS into something similar....I have 2 taco shells, 2 tortilla shells.....lots of goodies too....
Looking great as always Case.

Case I sent the link over to the MRS. She says she likes what you did so it is highly possible that I will do similar this evening.....
She also mentioned how much easier the Blackstone would be to make it......she keeps saying things like this and one day one will magically show up I swear.......

We have left over grilled chicken I cooked to about 158 and it was delicious......I probably will slice that and sear that really hot for crispy edges.....I have left over white rice in the fridge, I will add Mexican flair to that and fry it for a little crisp as well.....Lots of peppers and possibly get some beans in there too.......
No avocado, no tomato in the house........no lettuce either.

Fridays are basically like the television series " CHOPPED " at my place.
What doesn't get eaten for work lunches and dinners ends up being a meal on Friday....I hate throwing out food and generally it always tastes good......if it's not going to be really good, just add 5% many times first.

Case that was awesome and I'd be eating on that for a couple of days. Rich and I are already looking at making one real soon. Thanks for sharing and great pictures.

Looks great, Case! I've never had a Crunch Wrap, but now I want a Cronch Wrap!

TT looks damn fine, too!

R

I use my Blackstone inside of my shop during the snow/rain season all the time.
One thing I do is add a box fan in the window and a cheap stand up fan near the open egress door.
I tend to use a bit of steam and oil when I cook on it and it helps vent the place.

Case that was a damn fine cook you did there.
I never thought I would say it but I now want a small Blackstone too.
It’s cooks like these that we see here that makes us all better.

Case I sent the link over to the MRS. She says she likes what you did so it is highly possible that I will do similar this evening.....
She also mentioned how much easier the Blackstone would be to make it......she keeps saying things like this and one day one will magically show up I swear.......

We have left over grilled chicken I cooked to about 158 and it was delicious......I probably will slice that and sear that really hot for crispy edges.....I have left over white rice in the fridge, I will add Mexican flair to that and fry it for a little crisp as well.....Lots of peppers and possibly get some beans in there too.......
No avocado, no tomato in the house........no lettuce either.

Fridays are basically like the television series " CHOPPED " at my place.
What doesn't get eaten for work lunches and dinners ends up being a meal on Friday....I hate throwing out food and generally it always tastes good......if it's not going to be really good, just add 5% many times first.
Yeah this was all stuff we had stocked in the fridge.
I have made these using chicken that I chopped up into 1/2”ish cubes. They were really tasty. Makes a good use of left over chicken.

Case that was awesome and I'd be eating on that for a couple of days. Rich and I are already looking at making one real soon. Thanks for sharing and great pictures.
These are really tasty. You can customize them too. We’ve made them with shrimp, fish, chicken left over Tri tip, etc. then whatever you like on a taco that you have in hand. It helps to get really big tortillas. These one were just over 12” in diameter. I buy them at US foods Chef Market.

I use my Blackstone inside of my shop during the snow/rain season all the time.
One thing I do is add a box fan in the window and a cheap stand up fan near the open egress door.
I tend to use a bit of steam and oil when I cook on it and it helps vent the place.

Case that was a damn fine cook you did there.
I never thought I would say it but I now want a small Blackstone too.
It’s cooks like these that we see here that makes us all better.
I cook in the garage all the time with my big (22”) Blackstone. I just leave the garage door open for the most part.
I use the 17” more than the 22”. It’s what I take camping now and for cooks like these I bring it indoors.
During the summer my 22” is set up outside all the time. Last summer I cooked breakfast on it 48 days straight!

Those look awesome, Case. But when pronouncing the name, I can't help but try to throw in a Cajun accent. Might have to try a fusion version next time.

Back