Country Style Ribs with Stuffed Pineapple and Sea Food Peppers

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
CSR’s were marinated for about 2 hours in Newman’s Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing. They were
seasoned with a homemade rub.
DSC_0936_zps80a1b675.jpg

Put onto the WSM with a few chunks of pecan and apple wood.
DSC_0938_zps0fdd036d.jpg

I mixed up a pineapple cream cheese filling and added crab meat and baby shrimp to the mix.
I used 9 sweet peppers and 6 jalapeno peppers. Each was stuffed with the filling and covered with
a small piece of pepper bacon. I then put them into my jalapeno rack to get ready for the smoker.
DSC_0942_zpsdfed79f0.jpg

Put onto the smoker with the CSR’s.
DSC_0946_zps1e4beb51.jpg

I marinated some zucchini squash in a teriyaki honey marinade for about 4 hours. They were
seasoned with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming and put on Firewire. Sliced up some potatoes, seasoned
them with EVOO and Penzeys Adobo, and put on the Firewire.
DSC_0948_zps9b7d5c91.jpg

I fired up the Performer with RO lump charcoal and a chunk of apple wood. I moved the peppers
to the grill for the higher temps. The potatoes and the zucchini joined them on the grill.
DSC_0952_zps7575c814.jpg

CSR’s are probe tender, so sprayed them with an apple juice/vinegar mix and am going to wrap
them until the rest of dinner is cooked.
DSC_0953_zps758329f7.jpg

Peppers are done. Looks like they may have been over cooked a tad. Bacon is excellent, peppers
are a little wrinkly.
DSC_0957_zps4318780a.jpg

Zucchini and potatoes are done.
DSC_0961_zpscebd5ad3.jpg

Here’s your plate!
DSC_0964_zps22339397.jpg

Very delicious meal! The CSR’s were very juicy and tender. The peppers may have looked over
cooked, but they still had a bit of a crunch and the filling was super.

Thanks for looking!

Really, they make a jalapeno rack? It's not a rack you adapted from another purpose? Will wonders never cease. Nice spread, Mike.

Back