Classic "Peanuts" specials no longer on OTA TV

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
...and frankly, I'm a bit steamed:

Not everyone has a decent internet connection, especially in some rural parts of the US. And not everyone can afford one even when it's available. Thanks for depriving kids that're in those situations through no fault of their own, Apple.:mad:

We, as a Family watched it every year with my 3 children as well as growing up with my 2 Brothers.
I agree Brad...Not happy as well.

Jeff

"it will be streamed on the platform for free for both subscribers and non-subscribers on October 30th, October 31st and November 1st."

Granted, you need to have a decent internet connection, but yes, it should be available to the masses.

To pick a nit....... when these are broadcast OTA, we're the product. Ads get sold on how many people view the show. Yeah, by now, the production is long paid off, but there are still residuals/royalties getting paid out.

Streaming.... that's a whole new ball game that the entertainment industry is still wrapping it's brain around.

If memory serves, I would scream at siblings and parents if they so much as whispered a word during an episode.

(when I was a child, of course, though they still bring joy to my heart, lol)

Per news reports: Apple bowed to the backlash, announcing it had teamed up with PBS for ad-free broadcasts of “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” (on Nov. 22) and “A Charlie Brown Christmas” (on Dec. 13).

Enjoy for free. No internet required.

I don't know if it has to do with all the backlash but, "Frosty the snowman" , "How the Grinch stole Christmas" (original) & "Santa Claus is coming to town", were all on TV last night. All at the same time, on 3 different stations.

Back