Chuck short ribs from Costco

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I had never seen bone-in chuck short ribs at Costco until I spotted these on our last trip.
Oakridge Santa Maria rubbed, pecan and hickory smoked on the Performer for 4.5 hrs., then paper wrapped for 1/2 hr.

1602002478936.png

1602002523689.png

1602002599662.png

1602002648079.png

Sided with leftover green beans, and a baker topped with a knob of Amish style Wisconsin grade AA butter.

1602002813784.png

The ribs were good, but had a bit too much connective tissue.
The recent Creekstone Prime chuck short ribs were much better, but at a much higher price per pound.

Man, that looks terrific Bob! We're going to hit Costco this morning for a few essentials, beer, cat food and meat. :giggle: We haven't had too much in the way of beef ribs the past two trips. Maybe today.

Those look great Bob, haven't seen any at our Costco yet. Also I would like it if they put an even amount in the package, seems when ever I find a package of anything it has 5, 7 or some odd number of whatever's.
End of rant.

Look good and nice find. I've never seen them at any Costco near me. I need to go to a butcher or Restaurant Depot to find beef ribs (and brisket).

I had never seen bone-in chuck short ribs at Costco until I spotted these on our last trip.
Oakridge Santa Maria rubbed, pecan and hickory smoked on the Performer for 4.5 hrs., then paper wrapped for 1/2 hr.

View attachment 15553
I went down to the Costco, fell down on my knees.
Down to the Costco, fell down on my knees.
$7.99/lb for short ribs? Give me coupons, please!

Last edited:

Back