Chuck Occhi

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Occhi Italian for Eye, did a Tuscan style version of one of our favorite cuts. Picked up on Sunday at the Farmers Market some local grown free range cattle Chuck Eyes. Main difference you can see right off is the color of the meat, very deep red and very juicy

DSC_0570_zps74c11a26.jpg

Had one Garlic Scape left and a clump of Russian Kale

DSC_0571_zpsb516215c.jpg

Kale getting blanched in salted water

DSC_0572_zps02d35173.jpg

Chuck Occhi's at room temp and salted and peppered heavy and dressed in EVOO

DSC_0575_zps7476de85.jpg

Shrooms, Cannelli Beans, orange zest, garlic, the Kale, garlic , onion ,Scapes all ready and stacked for deployment, oh yea fresh parsley too

DSC_0576_zps3cd06f60.jpg

DSC_0577_zps530a72a1.jpg

All in fresh Pasta done on the stove in last dressed with a 1/4 cup of white wine

DSC_0579_zpsf21ed42f.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck Occhi's on for a hot sear both sides and pulled off while quite rare in the center, sliced into large slices and dressed with butter in a CI, back on the OTG for a final sizzle in its brown butter bath.

DSC_0583_zps1fd57973.jpg

On the table with the side dish a good glass of wine and some nice Italian bread sticks, your plate, enjoy

DSC_0585_zpsa6b3f9ef.jpg

Occhi mama that all looks great Bill!
Would love to have some of those free range chuck eyes for my grill!

I had a bowl of cereal for dinner tonight, so viewing this post is pure torture for me (especially the pasta).

I'd eat the pasta or chuckeyes by themselves any day! Together??? That's indulgent. love it.

Not retired Brian, worked a long day yesterday as a matter of fact. I am very quick and methodical about prep work and good with a knife, took me about half an hour to get everything ready while the water came to a boil and the coals in the OTG ashed over.

It is obvious that you have a great experience Bill. You are always cooking as a professional and this post is no exception.
These Occhi (Czech - Oči) and pasta looks really delicious.
Q: Knew you from the beginning that you finish the meat in the pan?

Back