Chocolate bacon --StL spares---Opening Day filet mignon

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Homemade bacon chunks, plus almond bark, plus a light sprinkle of sea salt, equals delicious snack.

IMGP4070.JPG

IMGP4076.JPG

IMGP4079.JPG

Sunday's spare ribs.
5 hours at 250 on the 14" WSM with apple and hickory wood.

IMGP4084.JPG

IMGP4089.JPG

Sauced with Sugarfire Smokehouse's St Louie Sweet.

IMGP4091.JPG

Served with beans and mayo-cheese corn.

IMGP4099.JPG

St Louis Cardinals home opener yesterday called for a special treat, filet mignon.
Gave them some hickory smoke while the bread browned.

IMGP4105.JPG

IMGP4113.JPG

IMGP4116.JPG

No plated shot, long game, but unlike last year's HO this one was a winner, and so were the steaks.

Thanks so much for viewing my post!

That's some FINE dining there, Bob!

And as a Brewers fan - I regret that the FOOD is not the only thing that got "smoked" in St. Louis yesterday.

Gotta' admit that the Cards have had a consistently great team in recent years and have been our "nemesis"...

Chocolate Bacon = mind blown! WOW! Interesting display there! I live it! Great cooks all around! Those filets look perfect! Congrats on your HO!

A winner indeed Bob. Looks mighty delicious. You had me with the chocolate bacon and ribs, but then those filets! Outstanding. PS... really like that mayo-cheese corn too!!

Hey! We had the very same for dinner!! but i did not pay attention to the game ... only heard the unfortunate outcome.
only 117 days until The Green & Gold are back.

Thanks everyone!

Jim, don't give up on the Crew just yet, it's early.
and what would summer be like without listening to this guy:

s-l225.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, the chocolate bacon interesting may have to try that one. Ribs and steak WOW, and the corn will do that as soon as we get some good corn in the stores.

Gotta say that I would never have thought of putting bacon and chocolate together. But now that I have seen it, it looks amazing!

Go Cubs!

All photos for your food looks delicious Bob !!!
Great looking ribs, great looking filet mignon, great looking bacon!
PS: But look at the third photo in me really leaves mixed feelings ... oh yeah ... European:rolleyes:

That's a mighty fine looking post ya did there Bob.
Now Deb says she wants to do that with some of the bacon we got curing in the fridge.

Back