Chicken on the rotisserie

Alexis Solod

Hi there,

Today we cooked chicken with the new rotisserie...
The chicken was filled with red onions, garlic and rosemary.

360E94D6-B0AB-40D5-B5B0-EE7B71231A37_zps0eyppmxe.png

While I was cooking I had a beer from the french alps...
35543E0F-A6DA-4C59-9F13-08336D9E3133_zpssntl1ji4.png

Nearly ready...
0BFA78AA-7622-450D-B2E0-1D0B2EF345CE_zpsbe6lceb5.png

6CBE9EA8-3AF6-4E54-AC08-9EBDB1C9B4A8_zps0bkxccn6.jpg

The skin wasn't very brown, I think the water under and the indirect heating are the reason why... But it was very crispy.
16B4C785-935C-4B02-A363-AFBFB2BD98A4_zpsmov3dneh.jpg

Yummy !
273F42AA-4D21-45AD-A726-DDB701745BDC_zpscnoh4yng.jpg

Soon, new cooks...

Oh, yeah! One of my favorites to make on the Weber, and you nailed it! The taters look awesome, and it appears you got yourself a nice "pan" sauce from the chicken drippings. Great plate!

Rich

Great looking dizzy bird Alexis. Excellent technique on the Hasselbacks too. That plate looks perfect! What seasonings do you put on the outside of the bird?

Regards,

John

Thanks everybody for your nice comments...

Great looking dizzy bird Alexis. Excellent technique on the Hasselbacks too. That plate looks perfect! What seasonings do you put on the outside of the bird?

Regards, John

To answer you John, I first hard rub the whole chicken with olive oil and "fleur de sel" (wich is salt crystals). Then I rub it with a mix of spices called "Gourmet mix, grill fort" (coriander, pepper, sesame, turmeric, paprika, blue poppy seeds, mace, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, orange zest, cayenne pepper, fenugreek, onion, nutmeg) that I buy at my supermarket...

server_zpsdybvpjkw.jpg

During the cook I rub the chicken every 15 minutes with the juice helped by a long silicon brush...

That's it...

Most certainly a fine looking chicken. The potatoes must have been phenomenal after soaking in all the drippings.

Chicken looks guud, chicken off the rotisserie is one of our favorites around here.
You will enjoy many things off the rotisserie.

Alexis, Nice job. I do have a suggestion. When I do rotisserie chicken I don't use a drip pan.I let the drippings fall on the flavorizer bars. The chicken gets a better taste and the chicken gets nice and crispy. (I think the pan stopped the heat from getting the bird brown). In 2 hrs the bird is done. For what it's worth. Thanks for sharing.
Chuck.

Back