Cheese Steaks

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Fired up the Disco and cooked up some fries

Thinly sliced a couple of ribeye steaks and marinated them in some Worcestershire sauce for a couple of hours then cooked in on my Ballistic griddle along with some chopped Maui sweet onions.

Loaded up some onion rolls I found

For another side I had planned on frying some sliced jalapenos and the I had sliced some onion really thing, salted them, removed a bunch of the liquid and tossed them in some flour. Tossed them in the oil along with the peppers and a couple of minutes later no frying action. Ran out of propane so my peppers and onion side was a fail. Reminded me of one of the reasons I like cooking with charcoal rather than propane.

Put the loaded cheese steaks on the indirect side to melt the cheese, I wanted deli American, everybody else wanted Provolone.

Plated, I was able to salvage some of the fried jalapenos

Nice John. Those jalapenos are good fried in Barb's onion ring batter too if you haven't tried that.

I don't know if you have a smokey Joe but I used mine to cook on the disc and it worked great. I just had to put something between the disc and bowl do the coals could breathe.

I don't know if you have a smokey Joe but I used mine to cook on the disc and it worked great. I just had to put something between the disc and bowl do the coals could breathe.

Yes I do, it stays in the RV. I have been meaning to give it a try on the SJ in case I want take the Disco camping with us one weekend.

Awesome! And great to do it all on the grill. It has been so hot lately by us, we are trying to avoid indoor cooking...this is the way to do it!

Those sammies look great! Agree on the charcoal, but with our fire restrictions here in the summer we have to have a gasser because charcoal is forbidden in the stage two fire restrictions.
That's why I have a NG gasser, that bottle never goes dry.

Back