Cheese smoke on the offset

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

I decided to smoke some cheese since it finally cooled down. I love smoked cheese and I don't wanna pay for Hickory Farms.

Assorted blocks of cheese cut in half. This is all the cheap stuff. I've got muenster, medium cheddar, colby, pepper jack, sharp cheddar and mozzarella. I don't use swiss. Swiss cheese is terrible. It's full of holes and I'm not spending money on all those holes. It's worse when you smoke it.

I used my Old Country Pecos smoker because it never gets any attention and its easier to cold smoke on.

I used Weber hickory chips, so there's something Weber in this cook!

I used a juice can with holes drilled in the bottom. I had to dump the ash at one point. I needed more holes. I used six lit coals and fed chips into the can every 30 minutes for 2 1/2 hours.

Smoker doing its thing. I put too many chips in and got a ton of smoke but it turned out ok. I want it more like what you'd get out of smoke house. Temperature never got about 90. Don't worry. I'm never raking those leaves.

Final product. Wrapped them up in saran wrap and I'm letting them sit for a week for the smoke to sink in.

Nice job on that cheese Dustin. I did some a while back, Gouda, Gruyere and Cheddar. The two white cheese came out fantastic, the cheddar was a little bitter, but OK. Bet yours is great.

Looks tasty, why won't you rake the leaves, because if you do they're will be just as many tomorrow?

Outstanding on the cheese, love smoked cheese. Yes I'll have to get Rich going on the cheese for sure.

I don't use swiss. Swiss cheese is terrible. It's full of holes and I'm not spending money on all those holes. It's worse when you smoke it.
too many holes?? that's funny!
try baby swiss, the holes are smaller ;)

Back