Char Q

Jon is well versed in Weber grill rehabbing and quite good at it. However, He has several other competing entities for his time and expertise. He is also very good at putting off said rehabs. LOL
Rat-rod restore it is, lol!

I take forever, but hopefully things in my life will become less challenging and I will have a little more time for my hobbies. I have my own interesting ideas for my CharQ. In the meantime, it will have to be an ugly sister who knows how to cook! Stay tuned for this summer;)...

Jepprey, yours and Garvin's are beauties that would be the sisters getting asked out all the time :LOL: !

Jon, I was perusing the Interwebs when I came across this (https://sutherlands.com/products/item/5338181/weber-stephen-weber-char-q-charcoal-grill):

Sutherland_CharQ.png

It's in-store pickup only and about a two and half hour drive from your location, but the chance of having a new in box CharQ (or two or three)?

Here's their contact info:

Sutherland_Contact_Info.png
By the way, I checked all the other Sutherland stores in all the states they are in and the Louisville, KY, location is the only one showing the CharQ in stock.

Last edited:
Jon. If you go, I want one
If I pick one up for you, you have to COOK on it :LOL: ! Just kidding, of course, but I am going to keep trying to get you to at least occasionally cook with real fire🔥!

Not sure I can swing a trip right now, but I think I will at least look into it.

THANKS JEPPREY! My wife will be just SO glad to see yet another grill come to our house. :rolleyes:

Call the store before you go
I doubt I can with things at home basically running a nursing home caring for my father-in-law, not to mention tax season. But I definitely wouldn’t go without having bought them over the phone. Jepprey’s link takes you to the page showing they have a “limited quantity,” but when I searched in that store directly the CharQ didn’t come up. It is very hard for me to believe they have grills that have been on their shelves for 12 years, but you never know.

Yah, that is why I said "call before you go". I meant to call the store to make sure they actually had some in stock. I would not trust that link to be accurate. But, you never know.

I doubt I can with things at home basically running a nursing home caring for my father-in-law, not to mention tax season. But I definitely wouldn’t go without having bought them over the phone. Jepprey’s link takes you to the page showing they have a “limited quantity,” but when I searched in that store directly the CharQ didn’t come up. It is very hard for me to believe they have grills that have been on their shelves for 12 years, but you never know.
Jon, I just called the store and they confirmed that they have exactly one on hand.

I went ahead and purchased the CharQ onlilne and will take a road trip up to Louisville early next week to pick it up.

Very glad it is going to a good home👍 and that I won’t feel bad about not going there!
Sorry you couldn't make the trip, which is why I couldn't let this one go and went ahead and made the purchase.

I tried to look up TVWBB members in the Louisville area, but none I came across have been active this year.

I think you not being able to find a CharQ on the Louisville site is the very reason why that Sutherland had one still on their shelves.

It's only when the CharQ popped up on a search at a different Sutherland store and then I changed the store while still viewing the CharQ did it show up at Louisville as limited stock.

I'm not sure how I'm going to explain the purchase of another grill to the wife, a grill that must remain in its box, because...I already have the same grill in perfect working order out on the deck?

Maybe I'll tell her it's about the preservation of history or for the greater good...any solid excuse ideas are welcome. ;)

WEBER Q CHARCOAL GRILL
$50$100
Listed 7 hours ago in Newington, CT

Details​

• Condition
    Used - Good
  • Fuel Type
    Charcoal
  • Grill Configuration
    Portable
• WEBER CHAR Q CHARCOAL GRILL • WEBER PORTABLE CART • WEBER PREMIUM GRILL COVER •KINGSFORD CHARCOAL STORAGE DISPENSER (CHARCOAL INCLUDED) •BLUE RHINO STAINLESS STEEL TOOL SET

1644536319753.png

If the internals are shot, it makes a bit rough for rehabbing. But it doesn't look too bad on the outside. The accessories are worth a few bucks too. I would pursue it for $50.

Someone went ahead and added Q200/2000 side tables to that one. That's kind of cool, although you can see one is sagging under the weight of a presumably empty charcoal starter. I sure hope they don't put a hot one on one of those tables! If reasonably close to me, I would get it.

WEBER Q CHARCOAL GRILL
$50$100
Listed 7 hours ago in Newington, CT

Details​

• Condition
    Used - Good
  • Fuel Type
    Charcoal
  • Grill Configuration
    Portable
• WEBER CHAR Q CHARCOAL GRILL • WEBER PORTABLE CART • WEBER PREMIUM GRILL COVER •KINGSFORD CHARCOAL STORAGE DISPENSER (CHARCOAL INCLUDED) •BLUE RHINO STAINLESS STEEL TOOL SET

View attachment 45204
I would be all over that deal if it were within 3 hours of OKC. Anyone driving from CT to Oklahoma anytime soon? lol

Back