Carolina Gold Wings

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
We hosted an appetizer dinner Saturrday night. We supplied wings and ABT's others brought cheese, veggies, deviled eggs & deserts.

Here's the Carolina gold wings. No photos of the ABT's, they went fast!

1 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon Henderson's Relish (or Worcestershire)
2 tablespoons mild hot sauce

Mix everything up. Baste on wings the last thirty minutes of the cook.

Dusted wings with SPOG and chipotle powder then air dried in the fridge for 8 hours.

34124520964_35383071a2_c.jpg

34580048140_31f8b1148f_c.jpg

The Session lager was for the chef, not the wings!

My favorite brand of lump charcoal is no longer available in my neck of the woods. I had to settle for Cowboy which is crap. I have never liked it. As you can see you get half a tree most of the time.

34580049080_9b80ed9dac_c.jpg

I removed the full branches before lighting.

34124080604_0bc37a6e06_c.jpg

34834776241_d630154dc3_c.jpg

I used cherry chunks for the smoke.

34124071514_582c53c41b_c.jpg

34124073224_b1c61bf9e3_c.jpg

Used both racks of the 14.5". rotated the wings half way through. When there was about 30 minutes left I liberally coated the wings with the sauce.

34156400373_2ca4a25927_c.jpg

Enjoy!!!!

WOW Case, those look fantastic. I'm ready for some wings now, after reading all the one's done on the forum this week end.

Looks terrific Case. Thanks for that sauce recipe. I picked up a bag of the Cowboy lump in Ashland a couple of years ago. Never seen it down here.

Looks terrific Case. Thanks for that sauce recipe. I picked up a bag of the Cowboy lump in Ashland a couple of years ago. Never seen it down here.

Thanks Cliff.

I hate Cowboy lump. Unfortunately at the time it was my only choice.

I have been using 365 brand and it was great. But now the stores that carried it switched to Kingsford lump briquettes and Kingsford Pro.

Which I didn't want.

- - - Updated - - -

Wings looks good, and thanks for sharing, but no mention of a fire extinguisher for the mouth? lol

Not much spice to these. Just the right amount of heat.

My kind of wings, Case! I really like Carolina gold sauce, so I would definitely do my share of damage on a plate of those.

My kind of wings, Case! I really like Carolina gold sauce, so I would definitely do my share of damage on a plate of those.

Thank you Jerome!

I really like it too and should make it more often. I prefer the mustard base to tomato for sauces.

You have that green egg thing back there but used the wsm..
👍

That is a 1967 Casa Q. It was my grandfathers. I'm still working on getting it ready to use. The ceramic fire box Is in several pieces. I have wired it together, but I need to make. Metal basket to hold it. Unlike the eggs the fire basket hangs I'm afraid the wired together basket won't hold up during a cook.

Back