Carnival kabobs and Stuffed Potato Skins

Angie H.

TVWBB Pro
I had bookmarked a post months ago that I saw on here for a recipe for Carnival Kabobs, finally got around to trying it. Link to recipe here http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?11110-Carnival-Kabobs

Here's the marinade ingredients.

35kj3sz.jpg

All mixed up, I also added red pepper flakes which I forgot to add in the ingredient picture. I like it spicy so I gave a good few shakes into the marinade.

w87pzm.jpg

About 3 - 4 lbs of boneless, chicken thighs cubed in a ziplock bag, pour the marinade over the chicken, into the fridge and let it sit overnight. The original recipe calls for leaving the chicken thighs whole threaded on skewers but I thought cubes would be a little easier to handle.

ibzatj.jpg

I baked a couple potatoes on the kettle to use for stuffed potato skins, took about an hour for them to bake and I sliced them in half, let cool slighty and scooped out the insides while the kabobs went on the kettle.

I took the potato halves brushed inside and out with olive oil sprinkled lightly with s&p and put back on the grill to crisp up the both sides while the kabobs were cooking over indirect heat.

2u725qx.jpg

Potato skins crisped up and ready to be filled with cooked, chopped broccoli and sautéed mushrooms and onions topped with cheddar.

4ilevr.jpg

Kabobs were ready to come off after about 25 mins. I put them over direct heat to get a little more browning on them, found out the hard way that they have to be watched closely over direct heat because they will char fast.

28cpny9.jpg

Tater skins on for about five minutes to melt the cheese.

2q03oeu.jpg

And all done!

331kqhi.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
That's a stunner Angie! I absolutely love potato skins and that marinade for the kabobs sounds delicious. Agree with you on the red pepper flakes! I'll be giving this a try down the road.

Angie that is one great looking meal. When you take the time and trouble to make a meal it really pays off. The final picture looks absolutely delicious!!

Angie, outstanding cook love the chicken and potato skins. Going to give them a try real soon.

Agree with Barb, really a neat cook Angie. Going to steal that tater recipe for sure, as I type this I have some BSCT in some marinade for tonight's kebab dinner. Going to do the taters tonight instead of rice.

Back