Burgers gone crazy

Looks great, I have been promising the MRS burgers for about 2 weeks and things keep changing!
That's enough burgers for a football team I reckon.

Looks great, I have been promising the MRS burgers for about 2 weeks and things keep changing!
That's enough burgers for a football team I reckon.
Dinner for 7 with some takeaway after for the eldest son. And a leftover meal or so.

These were 170g, or 6 oz to the non metric.

The expression “don’t quit your day job” just doesn’t apply to you.

So what network do you fancy for your cooking show?
I think I’m an accomplished home cook who just likes making good food.

If I do something, it’s be YouTube. But then I’d have to crank out content which may take away all the fun.

Looks good.!

I always make extras then vacuum seal them and freeze them. Then on the spur of the moment you can pop a frozen patty in the microwave and have a decent hamburger in 2 minutes.

Even when it's just me and my wife I'll make up to 12 patties. The extras go into the refrigerator. We probably eat a couple more the next night, and then I vacuum seal the rest and freeze them . If you put cheese on them ahead of time.... Just pop them in the freezer on a plate until the cheese freezes and then put them in the vacuum bag and seal it. The downside to doing that is then you can't reheat it in that vacuum bag because the cheese will stick to it so you got to take it out to reheat it. Everything I cook, I cook extra and freeze. Maybe extra isn't the right word because I freeze more than I eat. Last time I made lasagna a couple of months ago we cooked two big pans of lasagna for just me and my wife. 75% was frozen, cut into individual portions, and vacuum sealed. Then all I have to do for a meal is just take one out of the vacuum package and microwave it on low for about 30 minutes....its thawed and hot throughout. 22L pot is your friend when cooking.

Last edited:
Looks incredible, Brett, although I am definitely a cheese man.

When I want only the beef taste, I add zero condiments...beef and bun. You've got several flavors working there...looks delicious. Great cook.

Looks good.!

I always make extras then vacuum seal them and freeze them. Then on the spur of the moment you can pop a frozen patty in the microwave and have a decent hamburger in 2 minutes.

Even when it's just me and my wife I'll make up to 12 patties. The extras go into the refrigerator. We probably eat a couple more the next night, and then I vacuum seal the rest and freeze them . If you put cheese on them ahead of time.... Just pop them in the freezer on a plate until the cheese freezes and then put them in the vacuum bag and seal it. The downside to doing that is then you can't reheat it in that vacuum bag because the cheese will stick to it so you got to take it out to reheat it. Everything I cook, I cook extra and freeze. Maybe extra isn't the right word because I freeze more than I eat. Last time I made lasagna a couple of months ago we cooked two big pans of lasagna for just me and my wife. 75% was frozen, cut into individual portions, and vacuum sealed. Then all I have to do for a meal is just take one out of the vacuum package and microwave it on low for about 30 minutes....its thawed and hot throughout. 22L pot is your friend when cooking.
Thanks! I tend to cook so we have food for a few days. There are 3-5 of us at home consistently during a week so there's dinners, lunches and odd meals.

I try not to overcook as I haven't bought a vac sealer just yet. I am also not a huge fan of frozen to reheated food. IDK why but the texture just doesn't work for me sometimes.

For this cook, i apportioned the leftover beef cuts into pre-cut trim for the grinder and label each freezer pack. This allows me to that what I need for the next grind and it's already in correct portion sized. And slightly frozen beef works well in the grinder for holding its shape and not leaving the fat behind.

I have some full short ribs that i froze from this batch. I will be making a traditional ragu with those ribs in a sunday gravy, either soon or later summer.

Thanks! I tend to cook so we have food for a few days. There are 3-5 of us at home consistently during a week so there's dinners, lunches and odd meals.

I try not to overcook as I haven't bought a vac sealer just yet. I am also not a huge fan of frozen to reheated food. IDK why but the texture just doesn't work for me sometimes.

For this cook, i apportioned the leftover beef cuts into pre-cut trim for the grinder and label each freezer pack. This allows me to that what I need for the next grind and it's already in correct portion sized. And slightly frozen beef works well in the grinder for holding its shape and not leaving the fat behind.

I have some full short ribs that i froze from this batch. I will be making a traditional ragu with those ribs in a sunday gravy, either soon or later summer.
Frozen isn't as good as fresh...... But it sure is a hell of a lot quicker....🙂. At any time I have enough cooked food in my freezer to feed my wife and I for more than a month...in conjunction with rice. I just put up about 3 gallons of gumbo on Saturday in 2-3 serving containers. Lots of things in sauces freeze really really well. And cooked hamburger patties freeze pretty good too, imo. If you can cook it, you can vacuum seal it and freeze it. And it's really not any more trouble to cook two or three times as much as you need....

Last edited:

Back