Bucket O' Ribs: The end of the world as we know it... *****

More photos from the eating...

IMG_1463_zpsced5e6a9.jpg

Piping-hot ribs, right out of the oven. See how the bones literally shine through? :)

IMG_1466_zps1dab9074.jpg

Can't find the smoke ring...at least you can be assured there was no attempt to create an artificial smoke ring.

IMG_1467_zpsc21f670e.jpg

Fall-off-the-bone...I was going to say "tender" and "delicious", but maybe not.

Nice follow up! They look better than I expected.

Probably not bad for ribs cooked in 3 minutes. I think it's pretty smart to smoke extra and freeze acouple buckets. I could go for a microwaved home made bucket o ribs atleast once a week for work lunch. Just move a bucket to the fridge the night before work.

But love the review. Keep it up!

So, Chris... lookin' forward to the (now famous) McRib sandwich of 2014?
I missed McRib in the Bay Area over Christmas...there were reports that it had returned, but as I drove around town shopping, I never saw an ad for one at a McDonald's. I guess Bucket O' Ribs will have to do. :)

Thanks Chris for making the sacrifice for us all. Sorry you had to experience that and maybe after many days of adult beverages and lengthy counseling you will be able to forget this whole experience.

Thanks Chris for the review. Sure hope you don't have nightmares of a bucket of ribs chasing you ;)

What are you supposed to do with the bucket after eating the ribs?

Is it for disposing of the bones? I don't know, they don't say anything on the bucket. For me, I guess it's just a souvenir....
Use it for ribs, of course! The next time you're taking some to a friend's house, potluck, etc. it'd be the perfect carrier and a great conversation piece as well, especially if you convince people that your ribs are the actual product and get them to buy some.:p

"What are you supposed to do with the bucket after eating the ribs?"

I would guess it's food grade? If so it would be the perfect size brine bucket for a few chops or chicken pieces. I always save those types of containers and run them in the dishwasher. When my son wants to take some leftovers home I give him one of those compared to using one of our Tupperware containers, which I know I'll never get back.:)

Tim

There's another pork product that is sold in similar buckets in the South. It's a tossup as to which one I'd be willing to try first.

7080006352_full.jpg

Back