Bucket O' Ribs: The end of the world as we know it... *****

I would steer clear of those ribs. Prior to buying a WSM i purchased some of those lloyds ribs and they were terrible. Can't imagine a pre made bucket o ribs will be much better.

I'm almost tempted to go back to the store and buy this, just to see what the heck is inside...

I think in the interest of science (and our morbid curiosity), you should buy one and check it out....do a review. keep the number for poison control handy , just in case.;)

Today I saw that Trisha Yearwood was going to make "bbq ribs" on Food Network, so I tuned in.
She marinated spare ribs in an oven bag, then dumped the marinade, cut a slit in the bag, and cooked them in the oven.
Took them out of the bag, brushed on her homemade sauce, then returned them to the oven to "brown up"
The irony here is that she was born and raised in Georgia, yet her "bbq" is more like what's often found here in the upper midwest.

The irony here is that she was born and raised in Georgia, yet her "bbq" is more like what's often found here in the upper midwest.

People are always looking for "easy" bbq that's just as good. And some of the stuff that people make in the kitchen is actually not awful....I've had some pretty good crock pot pulled pork. And before I got my smoker I was pretty proud of my oven baked spare ribs.......but there is nothing like the real wood smoked thing.

I imagine it's 1lb of baby backs cooked in a large oven, cut up and sitting in a half pound of sauce.

I noticed that too and he hasn’t responded to his moink picture request in photos. Hope everything is okay.

Last edited:
Chris did you take this photo? How much were they?
I did take this photo at the grocery store, but don't remember the price.

Just to satisfy everyone's curiosity, I think I'll buy a Bucket O' Ribs. Can't believe I just said that. What has my life come to? ;)

Sorry about the lack of replies...just swamped with stuff!

Just to satisfy everyone's curiosity, I think I'll buy a Bucket O' Ribs. Can't believe I just said that. What has my life come to? ;)

If you grade the quality of BBQ on a bell curve buying that bucket will make all the BBQ that you eat for the rest of your life better.:p

Today I saw that Trisha Yearwood was going to make "bbq ribs" on Food Network, so I tuned in.
She marinated spare ribs in an oven bag, then dumped the marinade, cut a slit in the bag, and cooked them in the oven.
Took them out of the bag, brushed on her homemade sauce, then returned them to the oven to "brown up"

Dagnabit, I bust my butt to make good ribs, then find out that "bbq" can be this easy?!
Thank God for Food Network, and Trisha!

I always faltered at making ribs. I thought the only way I was going to enjoy ribs was to purchase them at a particular smoke house ($$$$$) near me. Then, I found this website, and bought a Weber Kettle. I now think my ribs are the best I've ever had. And my wife, not a rib fan before, loves when I make them. I have learned so much here at this site about smoking/grilling foods. Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge. No oven bags for me.

Bucket O' Ribs Revealed

You asked for it.

Bucket O' Ribs Revealed

Disclaimer: Before we get too far into this...let me just say that we live in a free country where capitalism reigns supreme. If an entrepreneur sees an opportunity to create a product with a unique marketing spin like "Bucket O' Ribs", I say good for you, God bless, and more power to you. You can't blame anyone for trying to make a buck in America with some hard work and imagination. I'm not trying to bash anybody with this thread or these photos. In fact, their website says they're a woman-owned business, so good for them and keep on keepin' on. We need more woman-owned businesses in America!

I'm just reporting on an unusual product I saw at the supermarket that generated enough interest and comment that I thought I'd follow through and show you what's "inside the bucket".

You be the judge.

(Did I say enough to keep the lawyers away? I've probably already said too much...)

• Purchased 2/1/14 at Nob Hill Supermarket in San Jose, CA
  • $8.99 for 1.5lbs
  • "The Original Bucket O' Ribs"
  • "Fully-Cooked Pork Baby Back Ribs"
  • "With Sweet Carolina BBQ Sauce"
Directions: When ready to heat, remove back ribs from bag and follow cooking instructions. Back ribs are fully cooked. Just heat and serve. If frozen, defrost back ribs in bag under refrigeration for 8 hours before use.

HOME BBQ GRILL: Cook 3-5 minutes on each side at high heat.
CONVENTIONAL OVEN: Pre-heat oven to 450*F and cook 8-10 minutes.
MICROWAVE: Heat 3-5 minutes or until heated through.

Prepared by:
Spartanburg Meat Processing Co., Inc.
Spartanburg, SC 29301
800-315-5159
www.eatbbqribs.com

c4GZR36.jpg

GUh8UTL.jpg

V43FaKz.jpg

FFCmGKP.jpg

mSY4F0x.jpg

nix0Q2l.jpg

qpvbQOo.jpg

How do they taste? The reviews are in!

OK, so the whole thing tasted like a McRib with bones. Very sweet sauce, and I'm OK with that because I like me some sauce on my ribs. But they were swimming in sauce and some grease. The meat was spongy and chewy. Some of the bones popped right out, but others did not, so kind of uneven that way. There were four shiners that I spotted, but you cover those with Sweet Carolina BBQ Sauce and you're good to go! I counted 6 long bones and 10 little short bones.

The things I do for you people... :)

What are you supposed to do with the bucket after eating the ribs?

Is it for disposing of the bones? I don't know, they don't say anything on the bucket. For me, I guess it's just a souvenir....

0gXzW8M.jpg

Geez...and here I thought "oven" was an upgrade from "microwave". :)

I'm making 6 slabs of baby backs tomorrow in the WSM for the Super Bowl. I can "compare & contrast" both ribs tomorrow.

Blind judging with your friends to see which ribs are better?

Yours or the bucket of ribs?

Back