BroilMaster P3 Restore

I don't see how anyone could complain about that cook! I am only upset about the missed invite :LOL: .

I think that the Broilmaster "bow-tie" burner - particularly the original LARGE burner for the "3" body - is closer to an E-W in evenness...way better, I am sure, than a front to back setup as is found on current Weber Genesis and Spirit grills.

Does look good and I was able to achieve this as well with my own BM. It just was not as easy to accomplish as with a Genesis. And me being somewhat lazy I want ez pz results.

I picked up one of those shutters on a pretty nice deal on a Broilmaster. I am not using it in any rehabs but plan to hold it for my own personal grill if I ever get to that! :cautious:
Well I may be interested in that should you ever decide to sell. My gasser situation may change in the not too distant future. A fellow member swapped pickups. I picked up a performer he wanted here in VA, and he picked up a Napoleon in NJ for me. We are going to meetup and swap grills in Philly in about a month. Then 1 or 2 of my gassers is going to have to be sold. The Genesis 5, BM, Napoleon will will dueling it out for my everyday cooker keeper. I am so looking forward to trying out that ceramic 1200° sear burner and dedicated roti burner.

Yes - for getting tempetures low for slow cooking or smoking. They also make a very very cool shutter system for indirect cooking. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003GW334Y/?tag=tvwb-20
I just won two stainless side shelves...the fixed kind, on eBay. I'll likely eBay the composite ones. I never had a use for a folding front shelf and am not about to start now. Seems it would be awkward to try and reach over with stuff on it. I'm thinking of a mod to make the side shelves fold with something like this: LuckIn 8-Inch Sturdy Folding Bracket for Shelf or Table, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel, Max Load 300lbs, Silver, 4 Pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9CL2CX/?tag=tvwb-20

But I'm not sure if it would work and the shelves would be level. The actual BM OEM folding stainless shelves are stupid expensive.

I just won two stainless side shelves...the fixed kind, on eBay. I'll likely eBay the composite ones. I never had a use for a folding front shelf and am not about to start now. Seems it would be awkward to try and reach over with stuff on it. I'm thinking of a mod to make the side shelves fold with something like this: LuckIn 8-Inch Sturdy Folding Bracket for Shelf or Table, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel, Max Load 300lbs, Silver, 4 Pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9CL2CX/?tag=tvwb-20

But I'm not sure if it would work and the shelves would be level. The actual BM OEM folding stainless shelves are stupid expensive.
We think a lot alike. I have also looked into folding brackets. The problem is that the sides of the BM are not perpendicular. You would have to space the bottoms. If you do do it please post a how to. How much were the shelves?

We think a lot alike. I have also looked into folding brackets. The problem is that the sides of the BM are not perpendicular. You would have to space the bottoms. If you do do it please post a how to. How much were the shelves?
I thought that might be the case. Would have to shim the brackets out somehow. Don't know if that hill is worth the climb. I paid $84 delivered for 2 used side brackets. UPS tells me they get delivered tomorrow.
I've shelled out $270 for my $100 BM and it's still in pieces in my garage!
It's all good though. $100 of that is the 21" bowtie burner which is a spare that I won't need for a few years. 2 cans of paint and new ceramic briquettes and the igniter. I'll recoup some when I sell the Weber S-210.

That is not bad. I do like my matching front pop up SS shelf. Always wondered why no one has done it to an older Weber. Shelves are heavily used when I grill.

Price on the 21" burner jumped $10 in 3 days.I ordered Wednesday and paid $95. I suspect Amazon sellers opt for an algorithm that increases the price as inventory is depleted.
Now $105:
Music City Metals 18782-74732 Stainless Steel Burner Replacement for Select Broilmaster Gas Grill Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BW1SX0/?tag=tvwb-20
Maybe because I gave it a 5 star rating yesterday with pics?

Price on the 21" burner jumped $10 in 3 days.I ordered Wednesday and paid $95. I suspect Amazon sellers opt for an algorithm that increases the price as inventory is depleted.
Now $105:
Music City Metals 18782-74732 Stainless Steel Burner Replacement for Select Broilmaster Gas Grill Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BW1SX0/?tag=tvwb-20

Yes, we have called that here the "Bruce Effect" when prices would jump suddenly after Bruce would post a link to a good deal on Amazon. Jeff didn't get to go to space for nothing!

OK...so we came home today from our beach house. Weekends are mayhem at the Jesey shore and we have the freedom to come and go during the week...Labor Day can't come soon enough. Anyway, I put the grinder to one of the grates...yup...cast stainless for sure. Dirty, yes. Rust or corrosion...not a stitch. All the new parts I ordered were delivered while we were at the beach. The shelves I won on eBay cleaned up like new...pretty easily with BKF. I put the grinder to the inside of the lid. It's going to clean up easily. Painting and prep of the lid and box exterior will be the most time consuming part...and as Joe mentioned, the casters look challenging. I hope to get lucky there.

Attachments

• 20210724_172833.jpg
    20210724_172833.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 14
OK...so we came home today from our beach house. Weekends are mayhem at the Jesey shore and we have the freedom to come and go during the week...Labor Day can't come soon enough. Anyway, I put the grinder to one of the grates...yup...cast stainless for sure. Dirty, yes. Rust or corrosion...not a stitch. All the new parts I ordered were delivered while we were at the beach. The shelves I won on eBay cleaned up like new...pretty easily with BKF. I put the grinder to the inside of the lid. It's going to clean up easily. Painting and prep of the lid and box exterior will be the most time consuming part...and as Joe mentioned, the casters look challenging. I hope to get lucky there.
Make sure to post lots of before / after photos!

Wow, didn't know Broilmaster had cast stainless grates.

Wow, didn't know Broilmaster had cast stainless grates.
I don't know if it was standard or an upgrade option in 2001-2003 when this particular BM was sold. Or the gentleman I bought it from upgraded some years after. He had it serviced routinely by a local dealer so all parts are OEM Broilmaster. I think the grates will clean up nicely with oven cleaner.

Back