BroilMaster P3 Restore

Just saw one here locally. I did not know they came without a stainless steel shelf. This one also sags. Is that common. I thought it is odd that it said Premium and did not have shelves like yours @Joe Anshien .
Screenshot_2021-06-26_171757.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Joe,
I was not looking for one. I was just curious about the shelf since yours looked so good. Just making conversation. Hope I did not take up to much of your time.

So you got me curious. I went and measured. My P3 has 6 1/2" clearance between rotisserie spit and top of briquets. My Genesis 5 13 bar has 6" to the top row, and 7.5" to the bottom row of flavorizers, so not a huge difference. The last rotisserie cook I did was 1 chicken and I put it on one side and kept the grate on the other. The half bowtie did a splendid job of keeping a nice even heat under the chicken. So in that respect you have the convenience and flexibility of your Wolf in a smaller package . Except maybe for your Wolf, almost all the "consumer" grade grills you have to remove the grates. I would be interested in knowing if there are other grills (that don't cost more than cars) that have enough clearance to use grates and roti at same time.

I have a q1200 and recently ordered the onlyfire rotisserie kit for it because it would allow me to rotisserie with the grates in place and also rotisserie without a pan underneath the chicken.

My BK Signet w/ rotisserie burner works well but the rear mounted burner is not great if i want to use a smoke pouch.

Rotisserie on a Q1200? I know they do it on the Q3200, but didn't know they even made a kit for the Q1200.

I have a q1200 and recently ordered the onlyfire rotisserie kit for it because it would allow me to rotisserie with the grates in place and also rotisserie without a pan underneath the chicken.

My BK Signet w/ rotisserie burner works well but the rear mounted burner is not great if i want to use a smoke pouch.
Yes but you really can't use the grates and rotisserie at the same time, so does not "really" count.

Well, if you don't have the grates in the grill, then you have no protection for the burner.
I am just trying to think if you could do a 5lb chicken in a Q1000?

Looks like it is a folding shelf. If you don't like the cart this one is available....;-) https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/238688171023415 I also have a spare side shelf that is yours free + shipping.
I might be interested in that side shelf. Mine is missing something, but I'm not sure what it is. It has a has a U chapped stainless square steel piece that was not attached I assumed was a missing shelf, but maybe it isn't?

1624895995690.png
Edit: Yea, google says this is a "rolling cart handle"

I might be interested in that side shelf. Mine is missing something, but I'm not sure what it is. It has a has a U chapped stainless square steel piece that was not attached I assumed was a missing shelf, but maybe it isn't?

View attachment 31515
Edit: Yea, google says this is a "rolling cart handle"
That is a shelf bracket. That can hold either the thermoset or SS slide on shelf. Or what I did is drill 5 holes and mounted plywood shelf painted silver. I guess you can use other materials as well. I like the balanced look of 2 shelves. If you would like the extra shelf I have you can have it free, just covers shipping.
20210628_121657.jpg20210628_121650.jpg20210611_134834.jpg

Yes but you really can't use the grates and rotisserie at the same time, so does not "really" count.
Depends what you want to use the grates for. I wanted to use the grates to hold and burn my smoke pouches, so I'm technically using the grates while running the rotisserie.

Last edited:
Depends what you want to use the grates for. I wanted to use the grates to hold and burb my smoke pouches, so I'm technically using the grates while running the rotisserie.
Nice try;-) I think the general meaning of "using your grates" mean cooking on them

That is a shelf bracket. That can hold either the thermoset or SS slide on shelf. Or what I did is drill 5 holes and mounted plywood shelf painted silver. I guess you can use other materials as well. I like the balanced look of 2 shelves. If you would like the extra shelf I have you can have it free, just covers shipping.

<PICS>

That is a beautiful paint job. Mine needs a respray. What paint did you use? I can't decide if I should stick with the factory green or go for something a little more....conservative.

I'll prob just do the plywood shelf trick or leave it off completely. I have the front flip shelf that is a different color, so getting a match would be tough.

My firebox is really wobbling on the base. It looks like it is just 4 bolts that hold it to the frame, but I feel like my issue is the sheet metal across the back that may not be fully secured. Did you notice anything like this on yours?

I just ordered a replacement new-factory (smaller) burner on Amazon, direct from BroilMaster. Open box was right at $70 with tax, and that's what was already in there, so I figured I'd cut my losses and get this thing back together and on FB marketplace.

I'll report back on the heat distribution when I get it installed later this week.

That is a beautiful paint job. Mine needs a respray. What paint did you use? I can't decide if I should stick with the factory green or go for something a little more....conservative.

I'll prob just do the plywood shelf trick or leave it off completely. I have the front flip shelf that is a different color, so getting a match would be tough.

My firebox is really wobbling on the base. It looks like it is just 4 bolts that hold it to the frame, but I feel like my issue is the sheet metal across the back that may not be fully secured. Did you notice anything like this on yours?

I just ordered a replacement new-factory (smaller) burner on Amazon, direct from BroilMaster. Open box was right at $70 with tax, and that's what was already in there, so I figured I'd cut my losses and get this thing back together and on FB marketplace.

I'll report back on the heat distribution when I get it installed later this week.
I already had the high heat black. Also don't have to worry about it turning black. I thought you were going to keep. If flipping I really think the 2 shelves look much better than 1. I see lots of pics with 1 shelf and the grill looks unbalanced and unattractive to me. I would like to see a pic of your front shelf. The only 2 I know of is the SS and thermo with cup holders.

I already had the high heat black. Also don't have to worry about it turning black. I thought you were going to keep. If flipping I really think the 2 shelves look much better than 1. I see lots of pics with 1 shelf and the grill looks unbalanced and unattractive to me. I would like to see a pic of your front shelf. The only 2 I know of is the SS and thermo with cup holders.

You can see it in the very first post (page 1).

it's a thermostat table with cup holders on the front. 1 broken side, but not horrible. I'll probably just leave the side table off totally at this point.

I'm already in for $105, and I normally get around $200-$250 tops for a beautiful Genesis flip

Given the lack of brand awareness, I think I may paint it black and shoot for the moon at $150 and see what happens. Honestly not sure I'll get anything close to that, may even lose money.

This was originally for a friend of a friend who had a $100 budget, but I'm finishing up on the world's dirtiest Silver A now and they have indicated they want it instead...

Markets are different. But I was pleasantly surprised that the ones I listed went rather quickly. The first one with the wood shelves went for $175 and the second with the 2 plastic side shelves, flip up front shelf, and expandable warming rack went for $275. Don't underestimate them. You can always lower the price not raise it. I am thinking of getting the smoke shutter accessory for it someday. I am a little sad your not gonna keep it for a while to try out. This is a cool page. Bruce should have submitted his here. https://broilmaster.com/hall-of-fame/

Alright...late to the game(SOP for me) but I'm all in. Just bought a BM P3GY. Paid $100. It's in very good shape.Burner is 1-2 years old at most. Briquette grate is new. No igniter and I think the grates are CI waterfall style and look in very good shape. Guy that sold it claims they're SS...not so sure until I clean them up. It has the "fixed" side composite shelves and a fold down front composite shelf with the molded in cup holder.
The casters are functional but dry rotted. I'll replace those. Anyone know the size for replacement of those casters?
It's the all stainless cart style which is one reason I bought it.
Also, the ceramic briquettes are so-so. Recommendations for decent replacements? I ordered a new igniter kit. All it needs is a decent cleaning and I'll repaint the lid and box and get new stainless hinge pins.
This will replace the Weber S-210 NG on our beach house deck.
It was originally propane but the guy had the NG manifold installed at a local BM dealer(Halco). Pictures on the way.

Attachments

• 20210720_073014.jpg
    20210720_073014.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210720_072813_HDR.jpg
    20210720_072813_HDR.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210720_072749_HDR.jpg
    20210720_072749_HDR.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210720_072735.jpg
    20210720_072735.jpg