Brisket smoked on the new toy

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Got my new smoker all put together and what better way to break it in than a 12 pound brisket! It was a 14 pounder trimmed to 12.
Did hickory and some cherry in the minion methodIMG_8376.jpegDid an overnight cook and went very low, about 220 on the Venom temp control. IMG_8381.jpegIMG_8382.jpegMade some tallow (thanks Chris for the short video. Super easy)IMG_8383.jpegIMG_8384.jpegWrapped about 170- added some tallow 😄IMG_8385.jpegIMG_8386.jpegThis was a 12 hour cook and a long rest. Just did some salads and bread. IMG_8392.jpegIMG_8394.jpegIMG_8395.jpegIMG_8396.jpegCheers!

Wow! I haven’t been around much, all work and no play. What grill is that? Looks very space conscious

Looking mighty fine!

Isn't it the cast iron smoker? What do you think of it so far, have you noticed any difference to, lets say a WSM? :D

You can't argue with the results. The smoker did its job and then some.

Looking mighty fine!

Isn't it the cast iron smoker? What do you think of it so far, have you noticed any difference to, lets say a WSM? :D

You can't argue with the results. The smoker did its job and then some.
Hi Jonas. Yeah, results are similar to what I used to do on my WSM for sure. It's just a different setup and with the temp control, it makes things a little easier. The WSM held temps great, but every now and then there would be a fluctuation that I did not see coming.
I am very excited to use this to smoke salmon and make some jerky as the temp control goes down to 150 degrees.

Back