Brisket, for family

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
Here's my latest brisket (it was about 6 pounds before trimming), seasoned differently than I normally do it. The reason I changed things up is my father is a type 2 diabetic, so I needed a rub with less sugar. So, after I injected it with stock (I accidentally used chicken stock instead of beef stock, and didn't notice until it was too late), I coated the brisket in yellow mustard, followed by Weber's Steak and Chop seasoning. It went on the WSM at 8 am with Kingsford blue and apple wood chunks, at around 275 degrees. Right before I foiled it, I sprinkled on some more of the seasoning, a little bit of paprika, and let it go until it was probe tender (around 205 degrees, about 3:30 pm).

I had to transport the brisket to my father's house about 45 minutes away, so the "bark" was pretty soft, but the brisket was well received by everyone. It was good enough that even my 7 year old niece, who is a picky eater, asked for seconds. Now, since this is a Photo Gallery thread, it's time for the pics.

Just put on the smoker. You might be able to see the stock in the bottom of the pan.

jivxC7.jpg

Just before it was foiled, after I put more of the seasoning and the paprika on.

2T9Wqr.jpg

At my father's house, sliced (my knifework needs work).

RqSI8p.jpg

A closeup pic, to show the smoke ring and "bark".

rUrjCm.jpg

Enjoy, and as always, comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Great looking Brisket, Steve. Glad I'm not the only one who does things like the inadvertent broth switch. Great job.

Great looking Brisket, Steve. Glad I'm not the only one who does things like the inadvertent broth switch. Great job.

It was a mistake that started at the store, too. I bought the can of stock specifically for this brisket, since I had forgotten to buy more beef stock after I used the last can.

Hey, maybe that was what made my 7 year old niece like it so much. It could be my new secret ingredient.
wW8I07.gif

Back