Brew Day Brisket

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It's been a while since I've done a brisket so for today's brew day I did a High n Fast Brisket based on this and this. Probe tender in 6 hours!

The butcher didn't have any in the case so I asked and he brought out four to choose from. I chose the most pliable one of the bunch. Almost 5 bucks a pound! I seasoned simply with SPOG:

Since I was going to insert the probe up front and I am also brewing, I decided to sanitize the food probe. I used a cpl chunks of mesquite for my smoke spice.

Here's how I get up above 300*F

I reused some pans from a beef jerky cook I did the other day. That's just me being lazy. The cooker is up to temp and the beef is on so we're ready to go here...

...so it's time to brew. I am steeping my specialty grains at 155*F

Steeping is complete so time to boil

Added malt extract and began my boil. I used a hop bag for the two hop additions.

Boil is complete and cooling the wort

Wort is cooled so it's time to strain into the fermenter

Got pretty close to hitting my original gravity

Last edited:
Pitched the yeast and put the beer away for a couple weeks. The brisket hit 170*F so it's time to foil

It's probe tender now so I decided to sear it over the lump embers

seared and time for a rest

Sliced and plated. The photos don't do this justice. SWMBO said this is the best brisket I've ever cooked. ...and I must agree. I highly recommend the High Heat Brisket. It's very fast, very moist, very tender, and dadgum good!

Last edited:
Great looking brisket so far Dwain. What did you brew?

Yesterday I bottled an American Wheat I added orange zest and coriander to. Tonight or tomorrow morning I am going to brew and Apricot Blonde Ale that will be ready for spring. Going to add a pound of honey to raise the ABV some.

Great looking brisket so far Dwain. What did you brew?

Yesterday I bottled an American Wheat I added orange zest and coriander to. Tonight or tomorrow morning I am going to brew and Apricot Blonde Ale that will be ready for spring. Going to add a pound of honey to raise the ABV some.

I did an Irish Red Ale. I brewed this same beer about a month ago but missed temps and OG so I did a "do over". I was much happier with my effort today. You're gonna like that Wheat beer: I did a Belgian Christmas Wit that had coriander and orange in it a while back. It did not last long! LOL

Last edited:
That looks good. It was my first time, so I'm hoping for the best. Nailed my OG perfect for what the kit said and the FG was right at 1.011, so I am right in the proper range. These next two weeks waiting for it to carbonate is going to be painful, lol.

Fantastic stuff all the way around my friend, have not done a high heat briskie yet but thinking hard about it, well done

Brisket and Irish Red...two of my favorites. I always have Irish Red flowin' from one of my taps...Cheers.

IrishRedAle_zps6ca4cb60.jpg

Last edited:

Back