Boneless leg of lamb

Tim James UK

Been smoking some leg of lamb!

Boned it out.

Rubbed in herbs, salt and pepper.

Ran the 18" WSM a bit on the hot side - nearer 150 - 160c with apple wood and a bit of hickory.

It took about 100min to come to 56c internal in the centre then let is rest for 20 min in foil

All went well.

sRldIsS.jpg

5t4ZxTH.jpg

You guys across the pond are killing me with your lamb cooks. Yours looks terrific Tim. The sides made my stomach growl too. Alex's post last week got a lamb cook in my lineup and yours just bumped it up a notch. Nice job.

Sorry Kevin, that one is mine! We should meet and cook off a bunch of lamb! Wife is not a fan so, I hold a few pieces in the freezer for known guests. Hard to do frozen product for surprise folks

I'd like to try some of that - looks done right to me. I have very little experience with that.

You chaps in the states may have the advantage of us when it to comes to brisket - it's a cut that's hard to find whole in uk (though I have now got a stable suppler!)

But Lamb is the king over here!

Looks good. Many Americans are reluctant to cook lamb, and many have never even tried it. We love it at our house.

Sam's Club is the most affordable source I've found for lamb. Their racks and boneless legs are quite affordable and cook up good.

My family had lamb for Easter, and some birthdays when I was growing up.
I always liked it, I still love it, my wife’s family never had it consequently, she is not very interested in the delicious stuff.
I try to slip some in the feast schedule from time to time, I have a handful of guests who are as lamb crazy as I am so, I get lucky with a few occasions a year, not enough for me but, at least I get some.
Braised shanks are a treat too, but the go to for most of these things are racks or legs depending on the guest list or, what’s in the freezer.

Back