Birthday Prime Rib and Poppers

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Several weeks ago I picked up two beautiful Standing Rib Roasts that were USDA Choice, on sale for $7.99/Lb. This guy went in the freezer for last nights dinner for my son and grandson's birthday. Did some ABT's earlier in the day to tide us over until the roast was done.

The Apps.

This one weighed 16.3 lbs, five bones.

Made some Weber's Kansas City Rub. Cut the ribs from the roast, leaving a small hinge at the bottom. Seasoned the entire roast with the rub.

Retied and rested for about six hours.

On the 26er, running about 325.

Just about 3 1/2 hours later.

Last edited:

Did some baked potatoes and garlic green beans to side it up.

Let the roast rest, covered, for about 30 minutes.

Sliced.

Plated.

I was really happy with this cook and we all had a great day and enjoyed it. Hope you all are having a great weekend too. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Yep I'd be happy, maybe even overjoyed with that cook too, that is remarkable Cliff! From the apps to the roast 100% perfection.
Almost forgot Happy Birthday to your son and grandson.

Last edited:
WOW!!! Cliff you did one fantastic cook my friend. That looks so delicious and the poppers, sides everything is awesome. That is some birthday dinner for sure and a Happy Birthday to your son and grandson.

Way to represent the left coast, Cliff!! That standing rib looks absolutely perfect! Ya know, my birthday is coming up in a few weeks, do you take requests?!? :)

Rich

Looks incredible!!! Haven't gotten the nerve to try Prime Rib yet, but your cook has me thinking about it!!!

Absolutely Incredible Cliff. That was not just a Home Run that was a Grand Slam!! ABT's look incredible & that Standing Rib Roast has me drooling. Well done Sir

$132 for a cut of beef! That is scary not to screw it up! You nailed it!!!! Frickin Looks awesome!!!!! Great meal there!!!!!

Killer cook and photos Cliff!
They say you eat with your eyes, my eyes are stuffed, but my belly is growling!

That's a beautiful prime rib. You did it good! Poppers look great as well.
It must have been a wonderful dinner.

Back