0wXbz2u.jpeg

Js4C8qF.jpeg

Put in on the 22" at 4:30AM

sYB4gCW.jpeg

Six hours later IT was 165, wrapped it up in Pink Butcher paper

cw0IKVW.jpeg

sbGkcZa.jpeg

9zHGdbA.jpeg

We were going to make spicy slaw, but the cabbage wasn't good, so we fell back on BBQ beans, can't go wrong with BBQ beans, right?

Bacon for the beans

7IOXbRU.jpeg

LF9BL6j.jpeg

Onions cooked in the bacon grease

syIe1no.jpeg

Pulled the brisket off after 11 hours. Six unwrapped / five wrapped. Put the taters & beans on while the brisket rests

N4XoPkU.jpeg

After two hour rest

Qg2Fyxo.jpeg

Thought it would be more juicy

Beans & Taters

lXKPA2Q.jpeg

My "plate"

This is good stuff

pxbxsQ9.jpeg

I was a little disappointed in the lack of juice. The couple hours was weird. It hit 190 IT, and stayed there for nearly two hours. Seemed really late for a 2nd stall? I pulled it at 195 and let it rest wrapped in towels in a small ice chest. During the rest it never went up in temperature, and didn't start going down in temperature until nearly one hour into the rest. Then the temperature dropped rapidly going as low as 180 before we opened it up to slice. I wonder if I should have pulled it sooner in that 190 2+ hour stall?

Sorry it came out dry, Chuck, but it looks good. Love the carving video - I have the same cutting board.

Hope your birthday was super.

Happy birthday, Chuck! Sounds like some weird temps going on, but the brisket looks great! Some people think I'm funny that I always cook on my birthday, but it just means that I get what I want, prepared exactly how I like it! :)

Hope you have some leftovers for sammies!

R

Happy Birthday ChuckO, well the brisket looks tasty from here, i'm sure you will make the leftovers into some thing tasty.

That brisket looks freakin AWESOME!! I think sometimes we’re our own worst critics, but I guess thats what helps us continue to improve.. happy birtoday, and again, I think the brisket looks out of this world good.
Tim

Chuck, you never did say, what did your "BRIDE" think of the meat? After all, she is the one who spent all that money on it. lol

Judging by the looks of the pan, did you eat the rest of the bacon after saving 3 pieces for the beans?;)

Chuck...happy birthday! Two things regarding the brisket:

1. Never pull by “IT.” The brisket is done when it’s probing very tender...when can stick your temp probe in and out with pure ease. 195 is definitely too low for a point cut or any brisket for that matter.

2. You sliced the brisket incorrectly. You need to slice it “against the grain” and not with it like you did...that alone will make it a little “less dry” and not stringy.

Both of these are easy fixes for the next time.

All the best,

Mike

Back