Biggest regret or mistake

I don’t really regret it, but I paid too much for my 1880. I had an 18” model at the time and I just couldn’t resist how cute the 1880 would look next to its big brother. But hey, it’s a classic, right? It will be worth something no matter what, right?

Nope - shortly after acquiring the 1880, Weber re-introduced the smaller WSM. I figure that pretty much devalued the 1880 to just a little more than worthless. Oh well, is still cute, but I don’t have the 18 any longer so now I actually use this. I really want to keep it original but it needs to be tighter and I think that would mean putting new bottom vents on it.

6C83763B-C075-4387-A3C9-8D10F4463BE9.jpeg

Years ago tried getting a gas grill at home depot. End of season, very late in the year, a six-burner. Way discounted. I tried to buy it. No one would help. I tried for a couple days. Then gave up. I think one of the workers took it home. Complained but got no where. Still irked.

Last edited:
My grandfather had a brick outdoor fireplace with a chimney about 7ft tall and grates that he made for it. He was a blacksmith.
My dad and uncle built the brick parts. When the farm was sold after he passed away, I should have taken the grates and built a
new fireplace for them. Now it is just a boring office park campus.

Joe - the two work surfaces that come with the PK are a high temp fiber reinforced plastic, which is fine, but the surface has a rough texture sort of like a waffle/grid, and when you rub your fingers over it, it feels kinda 80 grit sandpaper texture, so when (not if) you get some fine ashes down in there, or a little grease, it's really hard to get out. I cropped an old photo and included below so if you zoom in on it, you can see the "grid" and some debris that'll come off but you can also see some dusty looking grey stuff that is really down in the grid. I've tried every sort of cleaning utensil (tooth brushes, etc) and soap I have. You can certainly clean it, and it can look "OK" but I can't get anywhere near the "like new" clean that I want. Maybe I'll post something in a new thread to see if any other PK 360 owners have any tricks... PK's customer service has no answers. I have not tried removing the table sections and submerging in any sort of soap/solution, that would be easy enough to try but don't have much confidence in it.

View attachment 32968
If you haven’t already, try a stiff nylon bristle brush, not metal, with water and either baking soda, or bar keepers friend. Maybe start in a non-conspicuous area of the shelf, like the edge or under the bottom to make sure it won’t damage it first.

I bought a perfect 2001 Silver B NG two summers ago, an LP Manifold, and RCPlaner grates and flavorizer bars. I’m a charcoal guy and haven’t done anything to bring the Silver B up to snuff. Hopefully, I’ll get around to it when temperatures cool down a bit.

Tricky question:
Maybe not using my rotisserie enough. Should have stocked up on "D size" batteries ;)
But no, no real regrets. Got the 37 cm WSM which is the ideal size for me and a dodgy old 47 cm weber that I liberated from the trash. I made a stand for it and it will work for another 10 years or so.
What I would like is a 37 cm rotisserie ring, but that wasn't the question :)

Yep, on that trail too!
And me. I still kick myself for not picking one of those up.
Edit: There's one on ebay in Barrington, IL. $118. (I don't know how much they originally retailed for).

Last edited:
And me. I still kick myself for not picking one of those up.
Edit: There's one on ebay in Barrington, IL. $118. (I don't know how much they originally retailed for).
Tony,
Even though that table is supposed to be in Illinois, your eBay link is for Ireland??
The listing looks to have ended now, and USA eBay site doesn't list the table, even in past sales.
Their original price was $59.95 USD, and in 2017 I found one at Lowes marked down to $25. It's held up well for 4 years with only my small WSM covered.

I saw that Bob. I only put it up as it said it was in Illinois. A bit odd that it was listed on ebay Ireland.
I wonder why Weber stopped producing them? Loads of folk with SJs & JJs would go for them I'm sure.

I saw that Bob. I only put it up as it said it was in Illinois. A bit odd that it was listed on ebay Ireland.
I wonder why Weber stopped producing them? Loads of folk with SJs & JJs would go for them I'm sure.
I feel most folks thought it was overpriced, I did too.
Due to original price, it wasn't even on my want list. Love it though!
Seems folks want what Weber discontinues, but I wonder how well their charcoal would sell if brought back at a buck per pound?

If you haven’t already, try a stiff nylon bristle brush, not metal, with water and either baking soda, or bar keepers friend. Maybe start in a non-conspicuous area of the shelf, like the edge or under the bottom to make sure it won’t damage it first.
Tried bar keepers friend and a tooth brush - it helped but I could not get to 100% clean - "stains" still easily noticeable at arms length. I will try the baking soda idea - thanks for that suggestion. If it works, I'll do a cartwheel or two and let you know.

Back