Biggest regret or mistake

Many years ago someone posted a Kettle from the Weber restaurant in Chicago on craigslist. It might of been a second or didn't meet standards, but I missed out by a few minutes.
It looked like this.
View attachment 33021
That weber resteraunt in Chicago is unbelievable. I got sent out there fir some training and found that place.. Incredible. we ate there at least 5 times the 2 weeks we stayed there.. You could see them cooking on those kettles through the glass.. Luv that place

That weber resteraunt in Chicago is unbelievable. I got sent out there fir some training and found that place.. Incredible. we ate there at least 5 times the 2 weeks we stayed there.. You could see them cooking on those kettles through the glass.. Luv that place
I thought it was Hot ( fell of the back of the truck) and I didn't want to deal with that.
He wanted $ 1000.

I regret last year when a Summit Charcoal came up for sale for $1k the high end model and didn't see it quick enough. Pretty sure it was gone in a few hours.

Not marrying my wife sooner!
No real grill regrets, I’ve missed a few that would have been nice but, I’m good with all the tools I’ve got...right now!😉

Not buying a barely used stainless steel performer for $50 from a co-worker. I already had a 22" kettle and told myself I didn't need it.

What's really amazing is how they keep their composure, filling orders with all of the different meat on the grill.

Interesting that those grills have the lid bail compared to the ones BFletcher Posted.
Back then I tried to find out who makes them, but couldn't get an answer.
First I thought Weber would make it, but with the NSF rating maybe they had a custom fab shop make them like the ones who do the Aquarium smokers in Chicago.

And another regret, I had a chance to get a Aquarium smoker back in the 70's.
I was working for my Dad building a currency exchange in Gary Indiana. It was a BBQ joint that we were remodeling and the smoker was still there.
The owner said take it or I'm gonna scrap it.
I started to take it apart and the Mayors office showed up and said that was a part of the history of the city and they wanted it to use in another location.
Not trying to make waves we let them take it.

I am slow to make a move which had lead me to missing a few grills that I really wish I picked up.

First was this Weber Q, I didn't realize how much I really wanted a Q 3xx until after I let this one pass.

Post in thread 'Stainless Side Tables' https://tvwbb.com/threads/stainless-side-tables.85382/post-951697

Next was this nice redone Weber 2 burner I would love to have this sitting in my little patio.

Thread 'What do you guys think about this grill?' https://tvwbb.com/threads/what-do-you-guys-think-about-this-grill.86266/

Last, was this PK Original.

I love my kettle so I can let the PK go but I would love to have either of those gassers.

Back