Between storms.....

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
My posting history has been pretty lame of late. Busy with life and work, but I still have been reading posts and seeing great cooks by all of you guys! Pizza oven has been in use, but no pics. Tony would say if you don't have pics, it didn't happen!

Anyway, we had a weekend without rain and a chance to dry out a bit. Neighbor's tree came over to our place last week to say Hi to our garage roof. No big damage; some shingle damage and a few holes in the roof, fence down, etc. After the clean up we went to enjoy a glass of wine at the Lodge at Pebble Beach. Decorated beautifully. Last night I cooked a steak and potato dinner with an excellent Cab.

2498E749-6F44-458F-93FF-97FFCBE8DE7A_zps0ww0lund.jpg

Tree just inside the Lodge - I actually like Spanish Bay better for a lot of reasons, but this was beautiful.

F850086F-55A2-447A-A10E-9AEAC864764B_zps5n273zzt.jpg

Top sirloin steak resting while I make a salad and pull a couple of taters off the grill.

CA754320-BE48-467F-9585-913FCC85C908_zpsgc6dmtxi.jpg

Please pull up a chair and I'll make a plate for you.

7063634C-0B5F-4A9C-A9A9-39E66CF7F65F_zpsl2boevzj.jpg

Some pretty tasty eats there Pete. The storms are back!...I was on Niles Canyon this morning when the hill came down. A 3'+ bolder smacked right into the side of one of those Fiat 500. That car is done... Had to turn around and go around, but I guess we should be glad kalifornia is getting some rain

Hope you get that garage roof all buttoned up quickly

That steak and the plates look beautiful. That tree could have been a whole lot worse. That Valley of the Moon is a little nostalgic for me. Grew up about 15 miles from there. Anyway, very nice cook.

Glad it wasn't any worse than that, by the looks of it sure could have been! Great looking steak and plate! We got the remains of that storm here in Prescott but nothing like you guys got.

Glad it wasn't any worse than that, by the looks of it sure could have been! Great looking steak and plate! We got the remains of that storm here in Prescott but nothing like you guys got.
Southern kalifornia got womped by last week's storm, I'm sure this week's storm is going to be insult to injury

i'll never understand how folks in warmer climates can "feel" the Christmas holiday season without snow and cold and ***kicking winds ...
but sitting outside on a sunny day over looking the ocean sipping a Wisconsin Type Summer Sampler....
This ▼ blows my mind ▼

peteinPGCAcdecember.jpg

But it's Beautiful Pete! And More Power to ya staying away from cold wintery miserable slushy freezin' damMYfeet are cold Weather!

By the way, what kinda tree is that on your roof? Anything good enough to smoke???

But it's Beautiful Pete! And More Power to ya staying away from cold wintery miserable slushy freezin' damMYfeet are cold Weather!

By the way, what kinda tree is that on your roof? Anything good enough to smoke???

Thanks Jim.... I will likely be in Wisconsin in mid January. Go figure. My dear sister lives in Fish Creek and is having some medical problems and I need to have some time with her. At least I'll get to stop at Bobby Nelson's in Kenosha. :)

That's a Monterey Pine that's resting comfortably on the garage. They are beautiful trees but a huge pia. They grow to full size in a relatively short period of time - 70 or 80 years and up to 100' tall and I guess some 8' in diameter for the bigger ones. Fortunately the one that fell is a bit of a runt. Weak root structure they tend to go over in a breeze with saturated ground. Also, they're full of sap and resin and make lousy smoke wood. And, I never use it in the pizza oven - just oak for that.

Glad the damage from that tree wasnt worse. Looks like a few feet difference, and you'd be in a whole different situation.

Excellent looking sirloin. That color is exactly how we like it here!

Great job on the sirloin, I'd be happy to take a plate. That still is one big tree, glad the damage wan't any worse.
Enjoy your Christmas in Kalifornia and great view of the ocean and nice tree.

Back