Best ribs ever cooked in the history of the World!!!

I have two daughters that have both asked multiple times for me to teach them to cook (my wife bakes, but doesn't cook). I point out that apparently in our house, the first 15-30 minutes of cooking dinner involves cleaning everyone else's mess left in the kitchen throughout the day so that there is room to cook. They usually end up leaving about 5 minutes in, and then complain that I won't teach them to cook. :confused:
That is a bummer, my house is very alike in that my wife does not cook, but sometimes bakes. However, I am very lucky because I have made sure my kiddo know I need help getting the kitchen clean as I get ready to cook, keeping it clean throughout the day and even after dinner. Last night my youngest said I don't have to help clean up dad because I did the cooking right. I said yep you are right on that one.

Great job dad! There's a bond and memories that will last a life time! I've had a Q-200 for quite a while now. My oldest son learned to grill hamburgers on it. Now I come home from work, and he's grilling steaks or pork tenderloin on "his grill" for supper! Your post brought back the memories of his first cooks as well...great job, great looking ribs, and a great post. You should be proud!

Thanks again for sharing,
Tim
I learned to cook burgers, steaks, and so much more on a grill just like the one Jon found a while back with my dad. Those were good memories.

Great looking grub! Got mine started early and now with one on his own he's cooking fine meals for himself. Good to get them interested early.

Michael, you're daughter did a Wonderfull job on those ribs, whats on the menu next?

Michael, you're daughter did a Wonderfull job on those ribs, whats on the menu next?
We made some homemade crabcakes last night and she took over that cook until she went to flip one and it broke a little and it worried her I was going to be upset. We finished together. My wife and I turned them into sandwiches and my daughter said, when are we having burgers dad, I said when you make them. She just said, OK. So I think some bacon cheese smash burgers on the kettle with the CI skillet. So many cooks she is by my side or helping me, but if I can keep getting her to do the whole process as leader, I think that will take her confidence and desire to keep at it ever higher.

My grand children used to like to play in the kitchen making things with me but, the teen years have arrived and I fear the teaching days are suspended for a stretch. Granddaughter is starting college (Virtually, of course) and is under a great deal of that stress, to put it lightly. Grandson, eats with great glee but, does not seem to have a lot of interest in cooking for himself. I’m hoping that changes but, a grandfathers life where it’s always interesting, rarely goes exactly as planned.
It’s always fun though!

Back